• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Diplomatic Visit
    The shimmering nereid looks up with a pleasant smile as she hears approaching voices. Even if they don't sound the friendliest. The pair coming her way walk in companionable tandem, the darker one clearly younger than the pale stallion in the lead. A giggle twitches the corners of her pale golden lips, but she manages to supress it. It would be rude to point out the resemblance the colt's head bears to a large octopus. The young horse had an impressive array of horns that looked an awful lot like the twisting tentacles of one of the larger species of cephalopods. 

It did perplex her a bit though, that they knew where she'd come from. Maybe the scent of the island already clung to her skin. She smiled again, semi rigid crest fin flipping from one side of her neck to the other. Her decidedly aquatic appearance probably added to giving away her homeland, now that she thought about it. 

"I am, yes." She agreed in her musically lilting voice. Moving to face the pair more squarely, the sea mare dipped her head in polite greeting. "That's actually what I came here to find out. But before I forget, my name is Aquaria. Who do I find myself speaking to?" She addressed them both, blinking her liquid amethystine eyes at them slowly. They were quite a unique pair, and close from the looks of things. Family? It would make sense. 

But back to her main objective. "Yes, as you noted, I come from Ischia. My sister sent me as a diplomat. It's been some time since our kingdoms interacted, and we would like to build a relationship with our coastal cousins." The glossy sheet of her cauldal fin swept side to side, fanning her in the still air. 

She really hoped she was making a good impression. She'd never been a diplomat before, but it was so interesting getting to travel the lands, meeting new horses and trying to make friends with them! No two horses she'd met since surfacing had been alike, in appearance or personality, but she'd liked everyone in their own way. This was just another opportunity to broaden her knowledge of the earthlands. 

"Ischia is currently looked after by my sister, Adria. We're a nuetral territory, a place of respite for those weary of dramatics. If Pangea finds itself interested in alliance, we would be happy to provide a sanctuary of sorts for those in need." Her eyes brightened at the thought. "It's impossible not to feel happier after a few hours napping on the beach, eating sweet fruits. I think you'd love it." She exclaimed in mock confidentiality to the dark colt. 

@[draco]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Diplomatic Visit - by Aquaria - 08-27-2019, 09:38 AM