• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Risk it all; any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Wow. He hadn't thought to disappoint any more people in his life, but apparently he just did. Boring, she names his answer and perhaps that is indeed what he has become over time and love and lack of purpose other than to please a wife.

He never wanted to be boring. Boring it he worst thing.

A thought surfaces and dies as quickly as it came: does that mean he is the worst possible version of himself right now?

The mare has no patience for his thoughts; high after high, action after action. He says something, she comes closer. He says something else, she moves away. But the problem of her boredom, if it could even be called that, is quickly solved. She extends her tongue once more, now grabbing a poll of grass near his feet, and eats it - root, dirt and all.

He silently cocks his head and watches her eat all that with a form of fascination he can't quite place. But it's not-thinking that she inspires, and so he roughly shoves all the logical, surfacing thoughts aside. Sometimes illogical thoughts too. Doesn't matter.

So it is that he moves forward a few steps to scrutinize, and finally comment. A logical comment about the effectiveness of her eating method is replaced with another. "I'm sure there's less boring ways to use that tongue." He clicks his own against pointy teeth, stepping forward some more, at touching distance (for him - he knows now that her range is far greater). "Don't get it stuck." he warns her.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jackel]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-08-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-15-2019, 07:04 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-20-2019, 06:40 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-20-2019, 07:18 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-20-2019, 04:23 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-22-2019, 02:36 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-27-2019, 06:15 PM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Leilan - 08-29-2019, 03:42 AM
    RE: Risk it all; any - by Jackel - 08-30-2019, 03:05 PM