• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  an adventure

i have loved the stars too fondly

He didn’t much know the policies of Tephra, or if it would be the home that he stayed at or merely the place he began life. There were too many possibilities for him to decide now, and so little he had seen and done. For now, the choice was not his, and even if it was he would choose to stay with his parents. He was lucky in that, to have loving parents that cared for him, dotted on him. That was not something everyone got, and though he snuck away as any colt is likely to do, he still loved his parents for all they gave him.

Vita mentions her sister, and Aedan is glad for a topic that he knows how to respond to. Seriously, where was his voice? Did voices always disappear around pretty girls or did one learn how to speak in their presence? “Who is your sister? I don’t know very many horses that but I know a few. Maybe I’ve met her?” Or maybe he hadn’t, but he could also go hunt out this sister of Vita’s and get to know her. It seemed like a perfectly good adventure for another day.

They keep walking until they reach what is clearly their destination. It is a lake rather than the ocean that surrounds them, but oh, it is beautiful. Rocks surround the small body of water, and the colors of the flowers around them are colors he hardly knew existed. They certainly did not exist in Tephra, which had only hints of such life left by Liliana and some natural growth. Before he can manage to find words to describe how pretty this is, Vita is already in the water.

A grin spreads across Aedan’s face. He does not need be told twice and the cold doesn’t bother him much. After all, he’s a boy, and if she can handle it surely he can too. Not that women are not strong, but rather, he just doesn’t want to let down a pretty girl at such an invitation. And maybe a little bit he doesn’t want to be shown up.

The starry boy splashes into the water behind her, moving further away from shore where fish dart angrily away from his legs. They glimmer in the water, probably annoyed at being disturbed, though he’s having too much fun to feel bad. “It’s really nice here. I see why you like it.” And he does see why. Moreover, he finds himself immensely grateful she would share it with him. “Thank you for showing me.”

to be fearful of the night

aedan

@[Vita]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    an adventure - by Aedan - 08-28-2019, 02:39 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Vita - 08-30-2019, 11:07 AM
    RE: an adventure - by Aedan - 09-09-2019, 12:26 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Vita - 09-09-2019, 03:15 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Aedan - 09-13-2019, 09:13 AM
    RE: an adventure - by Vita - 09-13-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: an adventure - by Aedan - 09-28-2019, 10:14 AM