• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign |Castile|
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Mary’s head dips in response to him, a form of both acknowledgment and submission. Their witty and snide banter that once populated their conversations has since dimmed. When he looks at her, he sees the forging of trust and the development of a prosperous relationship.

It’s possible. It’s nearly tangible.
    And yet… and yet…

There remains the reluctance stiffening his muscles because the wounds are still so new and so fresh. While he sees a flourishing strength with her, he also sees her betraying him just as easily as Vulgaris and Litotes. His gut wrenches uncomfortably and he casts his eyes aside for a somber moment before lifting them back to her. A contemplative stare levels on her, and his tongue slips across his lips in recollection of the meeting. ”I imagine so,” the words are bile in his mouth, the thoughts barbed and frustrating. ”I will check out Pangea, if only to meet the new ruler. As long as she doesn’t ally with Nerine or Tephra, I’ll be content. We don’t necessarily need alliances although I’m not against them. We just need lands to keep their hands out of the pot if anything arises.” If Pangea remains neutral, that would even help.

Castile’s pride makes it difficult to beg for friendships, a flaw that he knows to exist.

But scheming? Plotting? He can manage that.

Nodding his head, he considers the options and catalogues the different territories and herds. ”We can provide better protection than Nerine, but Jesper of Icicle Isle is very loyal to Heartfire. I doubt we could persuade him. Ruinam is set on a no; I offered him protection for some answers he wanted, but he declined,” he realizes Mary is close with the porcelain man, but he doesn’t intend to use that tie. ”Hyaline has been quiet, as has the Silver Cove. I know nothing of Ischia anymore…” When he plots them all mentally, they aren’t quite so weak. Loess is fierce alone, but they also have the Pampas, Sylva, and Taiga. ”If you want to check out any of those places, just to see how they are, that is fine. I’m not hungry for alliances. I just want to be aware of everywhere.” Soon, he muses, he will be able to soar and seek his own answers, but for now, he can try letting others take handle on responsibilities and earn their way to power. He will be grateful. He will reward them.

With a resigning sigh, he shifts the conversation, not yet wanting her to leave again. ”Do you miss him?” Sinner, he doesn’t say. They were partners, something more than just a power move like with Velk, and unknowingly, Raul. Was it something so strong that she, too, would abandon Castile for?

castile

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Long May She Reign |Castile| - by Mary - 10-24-2019, 04:37 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign |Castile| - by Castile - 11-02-2019, 03:03 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign |Castile| - by Mary - 11-02-2019, 07:54 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign |Castile| - by Castile - 11-02-2019, 09:25 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign |Castile| - by Mary - 11-03-2019, 10:38 AM
    RE: Long May She Reign |Castile| - by Castile - 11-08-2019, 10:19 PM