• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The demons inside of me; Draco
    draco
    hitch a ride on my violence

Draco, in his cutting and faux effervescence, presses his left shoulder against the rough bark of a redwood tree. He leans back and forth to rid himself of an insufferable itch while his crimson eyes scan the shadowed spaces between the trunks. A smile, one fake yet convincing, curls his lips like the frightening curve of a mountain path.

Pangea has its fascinating aspects, with whispering canyons and frightful creatures, but the starry stallion has spent nearly his entire life there; and that leaves his already empty heart wanting for even more.

To see all of Beqanna would be lovely, but mostly Draco concerns himself with invading the minds of others. And truth be told, he cannot say he isn’t lying to himself when he thinks he wants to stay in Pangea. Just a month or so ago he could not imagine leaving his father’s old home, but now? He thinks there must be endless impossibilities.

He hovers in Hyaline, curious about its residents mostly for the insight they can offer him. He is ready to press further into the tightly locked trees when his mind brushes against the interesting thoughts of another. The innocent minds of two children crowd the other’s, but Draco comes to a full stop to focus directly on the adult’s.

It isn’t until at least a minute later that he realizes he can hear the twins’ childish chattering outside of his mind. Stealthily, the silvery black stallion hovers in shadows and tall bushes until he can see the trio trekking through the canyons of his home.

Finally, Draco finds himself intrigued enough to start a hurried trot in their direction.

“Hello,” the demon calls smoothly, crimson eyes twinkling like the glowing stars that dot his face. He draws level with Felicitey, pressing just close enough to urge her to come to a halt.

Silver glimmers on the mare’s nose, causing unease to churn in the pit of Draco’s stomach. He turns his head fully to see the glittery snowflakes cast all over the mare’s face.

“Oh,” he says, very obviously surprised. His typical charm melts. “Interesting. Who are you?” All niceties evaporate as his casual interest morphs into serious need.

@[Felicitey]
    hitch a ride on my violence

Messages In This Thread
    The demons inside of me; Draco - by Felicitey - 12-16-2019, 12:26 AM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by draco - 12-17-2019, 05:48 PM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by Felicitey - 12-17-2019, 06:34 PM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by draco - 12-29-2019, 05:17 PM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by Felicitey - 12-31-2019, 09:16 AM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by draco - 01-06-2020, 04:18 PM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by Felicitey - 01-06-2020, 08:55 PM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by draco - 01-19-2020, 04:42 AM
    RE: The demons inside of me; Draco - by Felicitey - 02-04-2020, 04:44 PM