• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome

Screaming like a siren, alive and burning brighter.
    The ceremony is a small one, just a few of our dearest loves gathered close beneath the light of the full moon. Drow insisted on the full moon, so that in a way, Nocturnal could be there with us, standing witness as two of her children bound their souls to their loves. Ah, or really just formalized those bonds; they’ve already been in place for years.

We gather in the heart of our home, in the center of the crater that marks the site of the triplets’ birth. But now, instead of barren earth, it is blanketed in dainty wood violets, little powder blue and violet butterfly flowers, the same ones that nudged Daeryssa a little bit closer to falling in love. A simple, sweet, utterly brilliant maneuver on Pazuzu’s part, and one that makes her smile any time she sees those lovely little flowers.

So naturally, they grow like mad here in Echo Trails.

All of them wanted hands for this moment, and why not? Most of us have spent at least as much time human as horse, carried off to different worlds, reshaped by magic of one form or another time and again. Pazuzu is, of course, responsible for the lovely bit of magic that has wrapped itself around the family’s new holy place, allowing any one of ours who enter to take human shape as well. A temporary measure, one that will dissipate by morning, but one that allows our loved ones the freedom  to join us if they wish. And gives Drow and Arzhur access to a shape they haven’t been able to reach since coming back to Beqanna.

The shape they were in when Drow finally fell in love.

The shape they were in when their daughter was born, and the one Dara spent most of her life in before coming here just a couple of years ago.

Our family sits around the edge of the crater, gathered together to witness the binding of four hearts, of four souls. To formally open our family bonds to Arzhur and Pazuzu, though they’ve long since become an integral part of who we are. Today is about declaring it to the world, or at least the part of the world that matters.

I look around the circle, and my heart aches just a little for the faces that are missing. Some lost to us, some scattered to the winds, some not quite ready to be here with us. Still, we are surrounded by love on all sides, deep and vibrant and beautiful, and that’s absolutely something to celebrate. So I smile, raising my hands to draw the attention of those who have gathered, channeling power into the ground to kindle a small fire at my feet. Blood and fire and magic, intrinsic parts of this family from the beginning and now even moreso. How else could we formalize these unions but with more of the same?

The vows come first. This is their show, I’m just here to throw a bit of power around and do a bit of artwork on their skin. I nod at them one by one, and each steps forward to speak their hearts, to speak their truths, to speak their love for one another for all to hear. And as each does so, I take each of their hands, growing a sharp claw on my index finger so that I can slice each palm until blood wells up, dripping into a silver bowl on the low table before me.

Daeryssa and Pazuzu go first, and when they’ve spoken their vows I join their hands together, palm to palm, blood to blood. And through its mingling, I pour power into the bond between their souls, strengthening and solidifying what is already so vibrant and alive and electric. When it is done, I heal the wounds with a thought, just a brush of healing energy to their joined palms. Next come Arzhur and Drow, and I do the same with them.

When the vows are done, I gather up the bowl of their mingled blood and pull out a pouch and dump the powdered contents into the bowl, stirring it together with a finger. I beckon each of them forward again in turn, Pazuzu first with a nod toward the bowl. We’ll need a bit of his magic to make the ink work and carry over into their horse shapes.

Then I push clothing aside as necessary, baring chests and shoulders and carving the symbols they have selected into their skin with the same sharp claw that sliced their palms. Dipping my fingers into the newly-made ink, I smear it into the wounds, holding my hand over each and washing heat over the markings to activate the magic, pouring healing into their skin to set their new tattoos.

When the tattoos are done and they’ve washed the blood from each other’s skin, I gather them in a square around me, couples opposite one another so the bonds between them vibrate in the air between them, an X with fire at the center where those invisible lines meet. Invisible, but almost tangible, palpable in the air to one with the senses to see it.

“Join hands,” I invite them, guiding them to form a square with their love at the center. The bonds joining the outside of the square flare up as hands join together, and power flows through those bonds with a touch, strengthening, amplifying, grounding the four of them in one another. Steadying them in family, in acceptance and love and trust. Each relationship stronger for being part of this whole, each individual anchored in the love of the other three.

And together they form a protective barrier around their children, guarded from four sides instead of only two. In some ways, they have functioned as a single family from the time they all moved into Echo Trails together. Looking out for one another, taking care of one another, being there for each other’s kids. “You are stronger together. We are stronger together. Never forget that, and remember to take care of each other..”

I kiss each of their foreheads. “Congratulations, my loves. And welcome to the family, boys.” I grin at my new sons, then draw the fire back into myself and ground the excess energy still lingering in the air and flowing between the four of them and vibrating in my veins.. “There, done, seal it with a kiss.” And I duck out of the way so they can do just that.
    I am the fire.

Messages In This Thread
    a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome - by Quark - 08-03-2016, 07:16 PM