• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome

I was nervous. Incredibly nervous which was just stupid. I already knew she loved me. I already knew by the way she told me with her body, with her eyes, with the way her lips would trace themselves across my skin. I knew by the way her eyes would twinkle when we teased each other, the way the words fell from her lips, the two beautiful children she had given me. And of course by those three little words.

But this anxiousness wouldn't go away. As stone cold as I could be other times, this time it wasn't going to be.
    I was also deliriously happy.

Ryss was going to be Mine. More so Mine. Part of me in a way that no one else had ever been or ever would be. She was Mine. I was Hers. And it would be in a way that everyone would know it.

Casting the magic around our home, allowing only those friendly, those that were family to come before I set up a smaller dome, once that would allow those that came to be able to stand easily and without crowding around our small ceremony. I brush my hands, yeah....my hands... down the front of my vest. It was black naturally and so were my pants. Under my vest was a simple white button up shirt. I smooth it down again, more so from the nervousness than any real reason. Then I roll up the sleeves a bit until they are just past my elbows and work on settling myself a little more.

Then, barefoot, I make my way towards the rest of them.

I can barely keep myself from gaping at Ryss, at the way the blue sets off the color of her skin. Skin I plan on getting my hands all over later. I have to stop, and take a deep breath as my heart tries to hammer out of my chest. I place a hand over and just watch her. I smile, standing there just in the shadows, watching her. The way her smile curls her lips and the twinkle of mischief in her eyes. That bond between us must have alerted her to my presence as she looks up and then smiles at me before holding out her hand. I stand there just a moment longer, drinking her before I take my place at her side with her hand cradled carefully in mine.

My eyes find hers after Quark was done with her small bit of magic and her words feel like a punch to my stomach. My heart aches with loving her as much as I do and I'll be damned if I would allow anything to happen to her. I smile at her vows and then with a small laugh, I brush a strand lock of hair away from her face tucking it back behind her ear.

I start.
    "My love, my light." I say with a small pause. Wondering again if she would realize how true that was. "I never planned to fall in love and when I started to, I fought it ferociously. But when I stopped fighting I had to make you see it too." I touch my fingers lightly to her lips, enjoying the feel of the soft skin under my hand, even as smirk curls my lips. "The violets were a perfect touch if I say so myself." Another small pause. "My vows to you are beyond words, but I will try. I will love you forever....and then forever after. I will piss you off. I will fight with you. I will argue. But I will love you more than anyone else. I will make up with you and cuddle the shit out of you. I will hold you. I will protect you. You are Blood of my Blood. And you are my light. There is nothing in this world more infinitely precious to me than you are."

That nervous feeling had faded away to nothing with her standing before me and our vows still lingering in the air between us. Something magical that lingered, some spell that was cast without being meant to. I smile.

"You have all of me forever, even the bits I don't much care for." I say with a little smile, stealing some of her lines. And then Zur and Drow are speaking theirs.

Blood magic, the slicing of our hands, the letting of blood into a bowl and I smile, removing my shirt and vest while Quark was busy mixing, for easy access and why the hell do I still need a shirt anyways?

I keep her eyes, smiling slightly even as I hold one or both of her hands as I wait for my turn with Quark and the tattoos. My beautiful girl doesn't even flinch. After birthing our two babies, there's little doubt that this is nothing. My ink turns into a light blue, the color of her dress and the color of her skin when we would be horses again. I smile as Love is cut into my skin and still as a symbol for healing follows. She has healed me, in so many ways, kept me sane and here and the Darkness at bay.

I lose myself in the rest of the ritual, closing my eyes, feeling the bonds strengthening themselves between all of us. And I smile. My eyes opening as I turn first to Ryss, giving her another smile full of promise. That same smile turning towards Zur as I take him in. And then my gaze turns to Drow. My smile doesn't fade but I give him a little wink before squeezing both of their hands.

Then.
    It's over and I smile as I catch her, kissing Ryss soundly on her lips. "Mine." I say softly back, setting her back down on her feet when I am damn well good and ready before heading towards Arzhur, who looks absolutely shell-shocked, and laugh some, clapping him on the back. "Brother." We search each others eyes for a moment before I pull the man into a hug and squeeze him, holding him for a long moment and understanding.

What we had just done, was big and beautiful. It was taking me a minute to believe it was real. That in this life and all the rest after it she was Mine.

I kiss his cheek before I step away and switch places with Ryss. I don't need to pull Drow in a hug, we meet in the middle. I squeeze him tightly. "Hugs are much handier with hands." I say into his ear with a quiet laugh, referring to that last time he had hugged me and I had stood there awkwardly, but that was before....before all this. Before I realized I loved them all.

I kissed him lightly on the cheek as well, stepping back when I was through and searching his eyes a moment. "Brother." I squeeze his hand and take Ryss's again when I let go. I tuck her against me, enjoying the feel of her warmth and the way her skin slid across mine....

Mmm.
    Wait. "We good?"
    A smirk as I meet their eyes. "As much as I love you all, I'd like to enjoy my hands for the rest of the night." I meet Ryss's eyes. Oh yes, she would too wouldn't she. We always seemed to be on the same page when it came to that.
    **Disclaimer, posting to Pazuzu can result in maiming, torturing, and all kinds of nasty things possibly happening to your pony. If you do not agree, do not post to him or if you do not want your pony horribly maimed, please say so. Most of the time he will just leave some nice new scars, either mental or physical.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter; family welcome - by Pazuzu - 08-06-2016, 12:41 PM