• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can't feel nothing small (open)

we carry these things inside that no one else can see
    they hold us down like anchors; they drown us out at sea

The Field is invigorating and relaxing all at once, the golden stallion falling into well-worn patterns, the feel of them smooth under his touch, while still enjoying the unknown of new company. It was enough to pull a crooked smile from his lips, expression brightening at her honesty. “Ah, adventure is what you are looking for then?” He knew the feeling well—that tug of desire for things just beyond the horizon. He had become well-accustomed to it over the years, and he knew just how intoxicating such a thing could be.

“I have little doubt that adventure is looking for you, as well.” She looked the sort. Mischievous glint in her eye, youthful exuberance brimming around her. Yes, she would most definitely have no problem finding adventure. It was unfortunate that his home was not one of wild tails and riots. It was a quieter place—one that was beautiful in that peace—but one that did not stir adventure with its every breath.

It had been difficult for Magnus to grow accustomed to that at first. The Gates had fit him like a second skin pulled too tight—rubbing against him uncomfortably at first. If he was being honest, it still did at times, when he felt the urge to give into the darker corners of his soul. The parts that rose first when he felt threatened. The parts that hungered for bloodshed instead of justice, for war instead of peace.

It took everything in him to strap those parts down—to quiet the voices in the back of his head.

So he empathized with her and, in the spirit of honesty, laid his cards on the table.

“The pleasure is all mine, Adalyn, I’m sure.” Taking a few moments to study her, he waited quietly, the ink of his tail flicking at his scarred haunched. Finally, he spoke again, whiskey-voice smooth as ever. “I do have an offer of a home, but the truth of the matter is that the Gates may not assuage the adventurous streak in your home.” He grew thoughtful, lips pressing together. “It is a quiet place. A refuge for those who are simply looking for a sanctuary or a place to find purpose in their life.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“That peace, however, is not free. It takes soldiers and diplomats alike to maintain it.” His smile grew dark, “And I’m always in need of both.” The Gates was vulnerable right now. He would have to be blind to pretend otherwise. He knew their army was thin, their number low. He needed to bolster their ranks if they were to stand a chance of survival. “I would be happy to tell you more if it struck your fancy or answer any questions you may have of the other kingdoms. Being as old as I am, you learn a thing or two about the places around here.” He perked up a little, smile roguish. It may have been decades since his birth, but he knew he still looked his prime. “I’d be happy to help you find your home, wherever it may be.”

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    you can't feel nothing small (open) - by Adalyn - 08-03-2016, 10:00 PM
    RE: you can't feel nothing small (open) - by magnus - 08-13-2016, 01:04 AM