• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can't feel nothing small (open)

heaven help a fool who falls in love

The call to discover frequently and learn more is a growing sound she cannot ignore. In her quiet search for her family, Adalyn had been able to force the rich noise from her ears. She had been able to focus her attention on lingering at the border of the Dale, eyes on the lookout for anyone who seemed familiar. But the call became louder and louder until it ached in her ears and matched the rapid beating of her heart. Its noise led in the direction of the field and she moved after it. Adalyn’s feet couldn’t stay still for much longer; there is too much of the world to explore and too much knowledge to be taught.

The water girl feels as though she has already been taught, especially by Magnus. As she listens, Adalyn senses the deep wisdom and integrity behind his voice and warm smiles. He doesn’t look very old physically – his coat is a shiny gold, his eyes a sincere shade, his muscles defined and fit – but she can hear the years in his voice. Her curiosity nips at her perspective and she finds herself leaning toward the desire to learn more about him personally. Certainly someone such as he has seen far more sights than she has.

Nonetheless, Adalyn forces her wandering thoughts back on the topic at hand. He mentions his own home; the Gates, someplace far more suitable for a weary traveler and not a fresh adventurer. She pays close attention despite already dismissing the prospect, her manners ever present. Adalyn feels sorry for a few moments. She would certainly love to contribute to the small kingdom, but her large heart and desire for something loud and mighty and satisfying would not be content in a quiet place like Magnus describes.

Deep blue eyes search over the golden stallion’s face for a brief moment. “Thank you for the invitation, Magnus.” She can tell he already knew her answer as soon as his invitation left his mouth. “I would love to help, but I’ve been stuck in quiet places my whole life.” She thinks back to the Dale with its solid mountain faces and careful hearts and brimming lakes and soft spring seasons. Although she loves the kingdom, it is not the type of place she wants to be stuck in for the rest of her years.

Her ears prick forward when he speaks of the other kingdoms. She’s heard of them, sure. The icy Tundra, the wild Jungle, the careful Falls, the reckless Chamber, the passionate Deserts, and the shadowy Valley. Outside the base knowledge of their whereabouts and general information, Adalyn knows little. Certainly less than what Magnus might be willing to share. An excited smile dances across her inky lips. “Do you mind telling me more? I don’t want any of the dark and scary shit, so I don’t need to know anything about the Chamber or the Valley, I’d say.” She grins again, reckless and carefree. The waterfall dipping into the lake falls perhaps a little more forcefully, as if encouraged by its darling heart’s glee.

adalyn

(I'm leaning toward the Jungle for her, so maybe give her some info about it that might encourage her to go there? If you could. She's definitely already attached to him tho haha <3)

Messages In This Thread
    you can't feel nothing small (open) - by Adalyn - 08-03-2016, 10:00 PM
    RE: you can't feel nothing small (open) - by Adalyn - 08-14-2016, 02:42 PM