• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i shall wear no crown and win no glory | killdare, warship/nymph, any
    I shall wear no crowns and win no glory
    Five years have passed since he watched the sunrise over the Chamber but it still held a certain place within him. Vaughan had become a master of repressing his feelings (and his asshole behaviors too, thankfully) about the place, his mother, his sister; the war, the bloodshed. He had chose to stand and rise against it despite the urges to flee from anything remotely aggressive. The spitfire colt he once was is still alive within him but he is not so easily put out nor quick to engulf himself in flames. Vaughan does not know the truth of his Father(s) but he is thankful for Nymphetamine for dropping him beneath Offspring's watch - the floppy ear stallion looked up to him, he had given him purpose without knowing such then.

The Tundra had given him many things, including the chance to return home now.

He had left before dawn from the Tundra, passing through the field in attempts to recruit and remembering that the Chamber is quite foggy both at night and early morning - once the fog begins to dissipate and a caw from a lone raven emerges (a simple, hello - i'm watching, i know you) he knows that he is safe now to enter. Though he is not as irritable as Brynmor was at others disrespecting borders, he knew that his Mother would surely be along or perhaps Nymph and his 'punishment' would be a tongue lashing. He thinks momentarily about the raid and the mentioning of his Mother's part, he wonders then if she is alright - surely she would be, she's stubborn as an ox. He, unlike his mother, doesn't care about clinging to the shadows or having prowess tactics; he openly and admittedly, haphazardly makes his way deeper into the Tundra. He moves towards what he remembers to a burning tree, though it is no longer; a puzzling look crosses Vaughan's face  - our caves, their tree, it's all begun. He decides to wait there, birthing season was upon them and the further he traveled the more likely he'd run into a new mother; he was not a fan of the hormonal surges. "Kimber? Killdare? Siberian? Nymph?" he calls out the names he remembers from youth, hoping that surely one will approach though others are welcome certainly. Vaughan would be to the point, there was little time to catch up and even less time to prepare for what is to come if Beqanna changes yet again. 

V A U G H A N

I just had him call out several names because that's who he knows but I thought this could be a time for Warship to be like "oh. weird. that's my kid." or someone else to reply. I just don't want to respond to myself, with my other character. Big Grin

p.s. Canary/Garreth, you're welcome to write like you followed if you decide to come.

Messages In This Thread
    i shall wear no crown and win no glory | killdare, warship/nymph, any - by vaughan - 08-04-2016, 12:30 PM