• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Here for brain thoughts; Offspring/Any
    LET ME IN THE WALL YOU'VE BUILT AROUND.
    WE CAN LIGHT A MATCH, AND BURN IT DOWN.

A low chuckle rouses from the depths of his throat as he observes the other erect his position upon seeing the natural stature of the King, and the tension ebbs away gently from his rolling muscles as he shifts his behemoth weight. Confidence and wisdom is merely held within the eye of the beholder; for Offspring felt very little of either many days. 

He simply moved with what he felt course through his veins - an instinct that had settled in after the many years lived, after the many needless wars had faded to dust, and long after the ashes of many had settled within the fertile soil of a new dawn. His heart often pulled him, and he rarely doubted it - deep within, he held an open mind, an understanding that change is not only a part of a devastatingly heart-wrenching reality, but that it is always a necessity.

Yet, his instinct urges him once more, as forceful as the gust of icy wind that sweeps by - his dark eyes glance across the once barren terrain, but now it is alight with thriving blossoms, with a light glistening layer of snowfall and with many bodies of both sexes loitering at every corner. Once quiet and lulled into a slumber of its own, it now thrived with a vibrancy unmatched by any - and his heart surged with pride at the mere sight of it. Solemn, he listens to the careful but anxious words of the self-identified magician, and with a massive sweep of his broad neck, he wordlessly draws him in beyond their border.

An inquiring mind, aching to revive what calls to him - it was not too long ago that he, too, had felt the very same drive.

"You appear to be sincere, Sahm, and so I welcome you. I have nothing to hide, and so your prying eyes do not concern me. I cannot say the same for the others, however - some would not take well to being watched." His chest rumbles with a deep laughter. "To lead is to hold more than a title alone. The title means little, if anything at all, without any to serve. I am a servant to those who reside here, and I do what I can to ensure progression, safety and satisfaction. There are too many that rule with a selfish heart, with greed and vehemence."

A pregnant pause lingers as he paces heavily through the terrain, marking the previously pristine snowfall with imprints from his weighted gait. His gaze lingers for a long moment upon Sahm, before he pauses, extending a foreleg towards a sprouted blossom, painted as yellow as the blinding sun. Though once thriving, it now bends easily under the fallen snow. 

"Beneath the weight of a ruler that is too absent, too callous or without compassion, a kingdom will surely rot - its subjects discontent, unmotivated, even resentful. But an open mind, a strong resolve and an understanding of the needs of others?" He nudges the blossom, brushing the heavy ice crystals away, allowing the flower to rise up towards the sun, expanding for its nurturing warmth. "A kingdom will thrive."
    OFFSPRING

THE FIRE AND ICE KING OF THE TUNDRA

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here for brain thoughts; Offspring/Any - by Offspring - 08-06-2016, 07:33 PM
    RE: Here for brain thoughts; Offspring/Any - by Offspring - 08-06-2016, 08:46 PM