• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a beautiful oblivion. || magnus

i swallow my doubt, turn it inside out - find nothing but faith in nothing.

The warmth settles into the roots of her heavy wings as yet another gentle breeze lightly ruffles her bristling feathers; her teeth remain buried between each stem as she preens their pristine perfection into place. The sun is ruthless, and yet there is something soothing about it after a particularly heavy rain. The air is still damp from the moisture, and her weight causes her to sink slightly into the moist soil beneath her, but she savors the faint humidity that lingers. Though she prefers to tuck herself away into the shadows, the wavering grasses that lap lightly at her hocks and the quiet rustling of leaves nearby draw her out into the open.

Tucking her wings against her lithe, slender body, she cranes her long neck as a curious eye looks across the fertile land, ripe with blossoming flora and fauna. Her powerful legs begin to churn as she lopes across the plain, a gust of warm air combing through her flaxen tresses and pushing it in the way of her dark, but soulful eyes. With her cheek tilted to the left, she watches as a familiar, broad figure comes into view beneath the old Mother Tree, his scent heavy in the breeze - a musk infused with pine and sweat, and a coy smile pulls at the corner of her whiskered lips. Perhaps the waning afternoon would not be lost to her, after all.

"Magnus," She croons, raising her voice and cutting through the heavy air. Her plumage extends to each side as she shakes and rearranges the wayward feathers closest to her blunt teeth, before she tucks them away again against her golden hide. She tucks herself beneath the looming branches with him, basking in the sudden drop in temperature when hidden away from the prying sun. "it is unusual that I see you out, and back before dusk. It is good to see you, though I know you do not know me well." 

And in fact, she does not know him either, but the old tales her father had told her as a young girl remain at the forefront of her mind. His name had only been one of many, but it was a powerful one, and there was something undeniably enigmatic about his presence. 

"I would like to change that."

Ellyse

Messages In This Thread
    a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by Ellyse - 08-09-2016, 12:07 AM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by magnus - 08-13-2016, 03:23 AM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by Ellyse - 08-14-2016, 12:04 AM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by magnus - 08-14-2016, 11:35 PM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by Ellyse - 08-15-2016, 12:43 AM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by magnus - 08-19-2016, 12:37 AM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion. || magnus - by Ellyse - 08-23-2016, 12:29 AM