• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  “What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; any
    In a world with no tolerance,
    We do what we shouldn’t have to
    He notices how she jumps underneath his soft touch. It startles him in turn and he reels back a step with curious eyes that find her gaze. ”I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you,”it was a forward gesture, but it had been light (not light enough) and he keeps this larger space between them despite how much he aches to hold her close and comfort her. The pain and the uncertainty she endures leeks from her voice and betrays her smiling face, but he says nothing of it. Adriell has drawn her out enough, pulled her from a self-induced spell of solitude, and so he tries to comfort himself that this is helping her – that he is helping her.

And then she smiles.

His heart leaps and he returns it with a broad, cheeky grin. ”Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn’t find my logic silly,” in his perspective he has great advice, but that’s very subjective to who he shares it with. In this situation Ygritte grasps onto what he says and thoughtfully considers them (he hopes she isn’t lying). His body shifts back and forth, one side to the other, and his exuberance shines brightly in his eyes. ”Don’t lose hope,” not that she had said she was, but he reflects on her slumped shoulders when he first laid eyes on her. I’m here for you, he wants to say, I’m a friend, but his lips purse together to avoid the unnecessary blabber until she asks him a question that slowly wipes away his joy.

”Well,” he begins after a long pause to consider it, ”I guess the Dale originally. My grandfather was the king at the time and he took me in, but I left there years ago. I’ve mostly just roamed around,” it hurts that he truly has no home, no children, no love. How can he offer her such hopeful advice when he can’t even admit to having experienced what she has? ”I was just hanging out in the branches when I saw you. You looked like you needed a pick-me-up so it’s a good thing I was here,” the honest answer is that this is mostly where he lives. Family and a home are concepts he hasn’t yet been able to embrace and hold; loneliness is his best friend most days. Although he says she was lucky he was here to lift her, in reality, it is Adriell who is lucky to have had her stroll into the meadow.

”And you,” despite being nervous as to why she came here so placid, so sad, he still asks, ”What brought you here?”

ADRIELL
    And silently step to their dance
    picture copyright Yslen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: “What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; any - by Adriell - 08-19-2016, 11:56 AM