• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Fallen Guardian and his Lover; Any

It was awful- utterly and completely awful. What Zeik did to Ellyse had poisoned Sahm’s soul so he ran. Blood burst through his veins as sweat poured down his brow. The sweat would have pooled if he was standing still, but with bounding hooves and fire in his heart he ran as fast as he could to the Tundra. Within the icy, cold kingdom there was peace and there was love. Sahm only made it a mile before tears began to mix with his sweat. In an instant he had failed both his father and Magnus. He couldn’t save either, and now he didn’t even care to save his home, the Gates. As Sahm ran he trampled on the memory of his family. Each step carried him further away from his supposed destiny and into the arms of his lover.

Sahm and Newton had met when Sahm had visited Offspring for advice. There sweet time together resulted in a daughter- a child that both men eagerly looked forward too. Newton was carrying the foal with full understanding that Sahm had duties within the Gates, and the ice stallion had no expectation of Sahm returning to the Tundra until spring. Newton settled into the east part of the kingdom. His belly already had grown in size. He felt abnormally weighted- his body not truly equipped to hold a foal. Newton found solace in the Tundra. He was near his family and near his kindred friends, the ice.

Out of the corner of Newton’s eye he caught sight of a blazing black form hurdling itself in his direction. He rose from his position and snorted. Steamy air expelled from his nostrils. Soon Newton recognized the figure to be Sahm, and he awkwardly stepped forward. Sahm halted before Newton with tears streaming down his cheek and voice stammering to speak. ”He just…he just…” Newton pulled Sahm into an affectionate hug. He wrapped his head around Sahm’s neck and gently lipped at Sahm’s shoulders. ”Shh….Shh…” Newton coaxed his lover before he landed kisses along Sahms cheek, drying the tears. ”I am here, I am here…” Newton continued to console Sahm.

Sahm took comfort in Newton’s embrace and pressed his weight into him while worries left him. ”Tell me what happened.” Sahm heard Newton whisper into his ear. Sahm unfurled himself from Newton and with tired speech explained the rise of Zeik and the exile of Ellyse. Newton calmly listened until the end. Then he went in for another gentle embrace. ”You are safe here…you belong here with me.” Newton said before a small smile glimpsed his lips. ”Let me introduce you to the others in the Tundra.”

sahm and newton
    the magician and the ice shifter

Messages In This Thread
    A Fallen Guardian and his Lover; Any - by Sahm+Newton - 08-24-2016, 09:07 AM
    RE: A Fallen Guardian and his Lover; Any - by Offspring - 08-26-2016, 01:27 PM