• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A Fallen Guardian and his Lover; Any

Sahm appeared to be far more interested in Real Fire’s description of the Runes. Newton had heard some portion of the story before from random mutterings around the kingdom. He hadn’t heard the full story nor did he care to. The loss of magic amongst the kingdoms was a particularly painful topic for Newton and his family. He still missed Darwin and Rosalind. Sahm nodded his head along to the Tundra tradition being described. He knew that with further practice his magic could possibly restore a piece of the runes, but it would never be the same as it was when the magic flowed freely through them.

A mare approached the group. She was clearly having a delayed reaction to Sahm’s entrance. Newton took a step in front of Sahm out of protection. His hooves began to turn to ice as he solidified himself. Newton would have become overcome by ice had it not been for the reassurance the stallion quickly gave to his sister. Sahm gently nudged Newton; once again he assured him that he would be okay. Newton simply felt a deep need to protect Sahm, especially when he had just appeared in the kingdom under duress.

Sahm smiled at Rael Fire’s introduction, but before he could speak another set of hooves came bounding toward them. This one was thankfully a familiar face. Newton recognized the steed as well. It was his king. Though he had never been formally introduced- Newton had great respect for the king and all that he had done for Newton’s family. Newton lightly bumped Sahm’s shoulder once Offspring began to speak to them. The bump was simply a gentle reminder that the friendship Sahm had forged with Offspring was followed up by Sahm and Newton’s first meeting. Sahm glanced over toward Newton and waved him a knowing smile before returning his attention back to the others.

”I am uneasy..” Sahm began, his voice solemn. ”A lot has happened within the Gates.” He paused to take a heavy breath. Newton pressed his nose against Sahm for a brief moment to encourage him. ”I am not sure if you have heard, but a stallion named Zeik decided to crown himself king. After doing so several of the members voiced their disapproval. Zeik only addressed the males who spoke. And by address I mean he recognized they were upset, but didn’t answer any of their concerns. One of our more active mares, Ellyse, was rightfully upset. Zeik decided to meet her opposition with banishment. Magnus, a previous king and general of ours who also disapproved of Zeik, left the Gates after Ellyse. I followed their lead. Zeik has turned the Gates from a sanctuary to a dictatorship. He has no respect for anyone. The Gates was already dying. He is going to destroy it.” Sahm’s voice broke at the end. It became impossible for him to withhold his tears especially at the thought of his home disappearing. Newton’s jaw clenched, and he proceeded to whisper a gentle saying in his lovers ear and lay a kiss beneath his eye.

Once Sahm was able to regain a sense of composure he bowed his head to Offspring. ”I appreciate your welcome. It is best for me to serve you and the Tundra. Anything you need of me…just ask.” Sahm then turns to Rael Fire. ”And I wouldn’t make a terrible spy..” He said with a grin before he shapshifted his body to appear identical to Offspring’s. Newton jumped away with a shake of his head. Sahm shrugged his shoulders and quickly changed back to his usual sabino coat. ”I don’t think I can quite pull it off.”

”And I like you better this way.” Newton teasingly said and lipped at Sahm’s mane unabashedly.

sahm and newton
    the magician and the ice shifter

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A Fallen Guardian and his Lover; Any - by Offspring - 08-26-2016, 01:27 PM
    RE: A Fallen Guardian and his Lover; Any - by Sahm+Newton - 08-26-2016, 08:04 PM