• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm struggling to breathe in the dark ; anyone

i'm struggling to breathe in the dark;

The cool winter air seemed to rush in before the final days of Autumn had even come to an end. With the unrest that had so obviously slipped through the land of Beqanna century after century came an unusual bout of weather. It was at this time that Eskil was waking from his evening rest to the cold embrace of soft snow. The fluffy white substance had fallen elegantly over and around his sleeping form. With gentle movements he stretched his neck forward, his velvet like lips brushing gently through the few inches of snow as he released quick short breaths from his nostrils. It was then he looked up towards the center of the meadow. With the silence of the night came the realization that the earth had become a fantastical wonderland.

It was the type of night that would make most stop and gasp as they looked around in wonder. The ground was free of hoof prints and other creatures wandering trails. The mud had yet to melt and mix within the snow tainting it with its darken, messy color. For now, Beqanna was frozen in a few hours of peace before it truly woke with the coming of the rising sun.  Slowly he lifts his head, a foreleg stretching out before pushing himself up into a standing position. For a moment he stands there, still as a statue before shaking himself free of the layer of snow upon his back. Quietly he steps forward, his muscular legs carrying his tightly curled body towards the river and then down the rivers bank.

t was only his luck that the river’s water was still rushing through the meadow. Coming to a stop at the river’s edge he takes a moment to blink the sleep from his eyes before slowly lowering his head towards the water’s surface. With careful movements his lips brush against the water before he takes a long sip. As he does so the tight shirly temple curls of his long mane brush against the water’s surface, slowly sinking beneath the gentle laps of water against the river’s edge. The blue glow of the white painted earth makes the tan colored stallion stand out amongst the dark blue water of the river making him an easy sight for predators or other equines, yet he doesn’t care. Tonight was a night for relaxation and enjoying the world’s many mysteries. Whatever happened, happened. 

eskil

I'm really bad at openers. Please forgive me, haha.

Messages In This Thread
    i'm struggling to breathe in the dark ; anyone - by eskil - 08-24-2016, 05:07 PM