• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ygritte
    He can feel the stiffness in her body, the momentary resistance to his touch. She melts so quickly that he can pretend he had imagined it, can tell himself that she’d been waiting for him to come to her just as he’d been waiting for her. She returns his affection and he sighs in contentment, pressing his broad shoulder to hers and lowering his head so that she can better reach.

“Good,” he replies to her admission, and despite the shortness of the phrase itself, there is a rumble of laughter in his tone, laughter that is as much relief as it is humor.

She calls him her love, and he does not flinch away from it. Of course she loves him – he loves her too. How could he not? She is the mother of his children and the queen of his kingdom; he would be a fool to not love her. They have never discussed their feelings, and while Kreios does not know why Ygritte might have been reluctant, it has simply never occurred to him that they might need to. He would fight for her, would die for Ygritte and their children and their kingdom. Of course he would.

Will he stray? Most likely, but that is his way.

Will he return? Always.

“I won’t.” responds the red and white king. And then, because he cannot help but be honest with the pink and brown mare, tells her why.

“The raiders killed my family. Their greed destroyed Beqanna’s magic and my father, and my brothers.” This is what he believes, and what else could have caused such a powerful explosion? What else could have destroyed the magic of the waterfall that has existed for generations?

Messages In This Thread
    ygritte - by Kreios - 08-26-2016, 07:44 AM
    RE: ygritte - by Ygritte - 08-26-2016, 08:41 PM
    RE: ygritte - by Kreios - 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM