• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

yet our roots remain as one

you were the lightning
    and i was the tree

The house is perfect. It’s more of a mansion than a house, with several full-scale chandeliers and too many bedrooms to count and a massive basement with a full kitchen. It’s beautifully painted, effortlessly gorgeous, and everything he has ever dreamed of providing for his family. There’s a swimming pool out back, complete with a Jacuzzi and a waterslide. They’d spent several hours the previous day slaving over cleaning products until the house shone more brilliantly than it ever had. Hestoni wanted it to be that way, and despite Scorch’s bickering, he knew she did too.

They’d set several packages of assorted alcoholic purchases in ice coolers already, chilled and ready to be opened. Food had been grilled and spread out in a colorful display of fruits, vegetables, meats, and snacks across the massive island in the kitchen. Hestoni had changed several times over the course of the morning, so nervous his fingers skittered over the buttons as he put on the last outfit choice. His stomach felt light yet heavy, his body felt hot yet cold, his mind felt present yet not. He was a hot mess – perhaps the only time he’d ever lost his carefree serious face around his family before.

They were all getting together. All of them. The invitations had been sent, the food had been cooked, the house had been scrubbed, and half of the solid foundation of the family was a nervous wreck waiting for the rest to arrive.

Finally he decided to pop open a bottle of beer. It touched his lips with a familiar tang that ripped through his belly. Hestoni inhaled a deep sigh after his swallow, setting his jean-clad ass somewhere relatively comfortable while he waited impatiently for the rest of his family to arrive.

your words were the fire
    that burned the best parts of me

a few things. first off, this isn't super literate. feel free to be as flamboyant or as... not... as you want to be. (: my post right now isn't detailed, but i'm sure it will get there as more people arrive.

the idea is that the scorch x hestoni family is having a family get-together. obviously everyone's a human because why not and also there's beer and scorch is getting drunk we all know. we're pretending scorch and hestoni have a massive mansion they live in because they're rich af after queenship and all that stuff.

anyone from the scorch x hestoni family is invited. obviously children and grandchildren, and then if you have anyone your character is "married" to per say, they are invited as well. i would love to see you all here! i'm hoping this will be very eventful and interesting, but it can be totally chill too. feel free to post at your own speed.

love you all!

Messages In This Thread
    yet our roots remain as one - by Hestoni - 08-28-2016, 10:23 PM
    RE: yet our roots remain as one - by Wrynn - 08-28-2016, 11:14 PM
    RE: yet our roots remain as one - by Noori - 08-29-2016, 01:58 PM
    RE: yet our roots remain as one - by Kaida - 09-01-2016, 02:38 PM
    RE: yet our roots remain as one - by Shahrizai - 09-07-2016, 11:22 PM
    RE: yet our roots remain as one - by Simeon - 09-08-2016, 08:44 PM