• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    You're brought back, but you're running -- Topsail
    </i><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><center> <style> #suchcoffee {background-image:url('http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/anh1992111/underwoodforkrys_zpseqxp2u1g.gif'); width: 600px; height: 410px;} #muchcaffeine {width: 600px; background-color: black; height: 680px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 30px black;} #gotmelifted {background-color: #7a7a7a; border-radius: 300px 0px 0px 0px; height: 80px; border-top: #2a2a2a 5px solid; width: 400px; float: right; margin-top: -150px; text-shadow: 1px 0px 15px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding: 20px;} #shifted {background-color: #7a7a7a; height: 231px; width: 400px; float: right; overflow: auto; padding: 20px; text-align: justify; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt; position: relative; top: -26px; color: black} #shifted::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 0px;} #higherthantheceilin {float: left; width: 300px; color: #7a7a7a; -webkit-transform: rotate(-90deg); -moz-transform: rotate(-90deg); -o-transform: rotate(-90deg); writing-mode: lr-tb; font-size: 13pt; position: relative; top: 90px; left: -60px; text-shadow: gray 1px 0px 15px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: cinzel decorative, cursive;} </style> <div id="muchcaffeine"><div id="suchcoffee"></div> <div id="higherthantheceilin">Reach out and touch faith</div> <div id="gotmelifted"><div style="position: relative; top: 15px; font-size: 36pt; font-family: cinzel decorative, cursive; color: black;">Underwood<div style="font-size: 9pt; margin-top: -10px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px;">I will deliver; you know I'm a forgiver.</div></div></div><div id="shifted">  </i>The thin air stung the lining of his lungs as each filled with bittersweet oxygen, so concentrated that it rattled the very recesses of his mind with its purity. The sunlight of day bore down on him with a heaviness that left him weary and agitated, his dark, soulless eyes peering around with trepidation. The burden of realization weighed heavily, and yet he remained unnerved - merely frustrated; what had become of his tempting shadows the darkness that so often soothed the demons that stirred within his uneasy soul? The warmth of the midday sun settled deeply within his bones, pulling beads of sweat to the very surface of his skin in spite of the icy breeze that combs through his long tresses, which brush damply across his terse jaw.

Wakened by the cries of many <i>(some in outrage; others with panic lacing their tone)</i>, he stirs, wary eyes observing the various bodies that litter the too bright, sickeningly peaceful and undeniably breathtaking land that lay before him. Disgust ripples through each fiber of his being, and with a single sweeping motion, he spreads the length of his wings to each side - taking a loping leap off a single, sharply edged crest, taking to the skies. With dark, prying eyes, he searches - heart pounding rhythmically in his chest while the wind whips past him, drowning out the deafening words the filter through the land.

At last, familiarity draws him once more to the ground - his slender legs delving into the moist soil and sloping hillside as his dark plumage tucks tightly against the swell of his sides, darkened eyes set upon two idle bodies. Gently he draws his lips up along the length of his blunt teeth as he presses his mouth to her hide, trailing along her side. Once settled near her shoulder, he presses the brunt of his jaw against her neck, glancing between his mother and father, absorbing the uneasiness, the uncertainty and the worry laced with each word.

Quietly, he says, <b>"He is right. And I am here, too. No one seems to be harmed, from what I can tell - you will have us. We will be your voice, Mother - somehow, some way."</b>
    </div></div></center>

Trait: Wings

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You're brought back, but you're running -- Topsail - by Underwood - 09-02-2016, 03:11 PM