• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i won't back down. || sahm, newton & tiphon
    <center><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Quattrocento' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Pathway+Gothic+One' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="width: 564px; background-color: #E0E0E0; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000000;"><br><div style="font-family: 'Pathway Gothic One', sans-serif; color: #434343; font-size: 10.5pt; text-align: center; padding-top: 12px; padding-bottom:10px; line-height: 15pt; letter-spacing: 3.3px;">YOU CAN STAND ME UP AT THE GATES OF HELL, BUT I WON'T BACK DOWN.</div><div style="width: 500px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin-top: 5px;"></div><br><div style="padding-left: 35px; padding-right: 35px; font-family: Times; font-size: 12px; color: #635d5d; text-align: justify; line-height:105%; letter-spacing: 1.5px;">
       A weariness settles into his bones, and an unsettling uneasiness stirs the pit of his belly - the ground has long since ceased to move beneath him, and yet he cannot shake the rippling waves that settle through him with each heavy step. The sun had risen into the darkened sky, illuminating it with its light and warmth, and yet its arrival gave his wary heart no comfort. Something had stirred deep within him, an innate instinct that not all was right - and then, the permafrost began to shift, and the aged pines began to rattle with vibrations that came from deep within the earth. Something urged him to get up, to leave, to <i>flee</i> - but he could not do so alone. 

After waking his precious Isle, with her soulful eyes and a final, gentle touch to her cheek, he had fled across the uneasy ground with a loud bellow, calling all to rise with the glistening light of the sun - until suddenly, it was no more. With his blood flooding his veins with a ferocity all its own and his mind shaken, he found himself rooted elsewhere by some unseen force. The gentle caress of long-stemmed grasses brush across his marred flesh, and its soothing breeze causes his skin to bristle and flinch from the way that it seemingly attempts to console his aching head and furious heart. 

His dark eyes peer up towards the boorish mountain that has somehow appeared from thin air, and rage stirs within him. Though he aches and longs to find those he cherishes, something draws him towards it, pulls him as if woven together by the most trying of threads. There are many faces littered across the sun-drenched meadow as the light of day begins to wane, bewilderment and anxiety stirring as worried voices rise with a rattling buzz - but he cannot rooted to delve into its complexity now. 

He cannot see the familiar, gentle eyes of his sweet Isle, nor hear the bleating worry of his children, and so he departs. He cannot wait any longer - answers were what he craved. With heavy, churning movements, he rises along the unbeaten path, pushing himself forward as the warmth of day gives way to the gentle caress of an evening breeze, but still a sheen of sweat washes over his behemoth form. 

At last, with fiery eyes and glistening sweat beading off of him, he emerges over the crest, his darkened gaze observing the beautiful but trifling land before him. The air is thin, causing his lungs to sting, but still - with his broad jaw parted and chin tilted to the glittering sky above, he bellows with a tremendous echo that shatters cross the land. 

Something familiar stirs with in him - the fire, the burning embers of his pyrokinesis - and it is then that he realizes with a heavy wave of dread and disdain that it had been absent mere minutes ago. 

</div> <center><div style="width: 500px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin-top: 10px;"></div><br><br>
    <center><div style="font-family: 'Quattrocento', serif; font-size: 55pt; color: #434343; letter-spacing:12px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height:30pt; align:center; text-shadow: 2px 1px 20px #aaaaaa;">OFFSPRING</div>
    <div style="width: 564px; height: 639px; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TB7XHz0.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat;"></div></div></center>

Offspring will take immortality for his "freebie trait". 
    This is terrible. :/ Sorry. D:

Messages In This Thread
    i won't back down. || sahm, newton & tiphon - by Offspring - 09-02-2016, 01:43 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || any - by Sahm+Newton - 09-02-2016, 03:10 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || any - by Offspring - 09-02-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || any - by Tiphon - 09-02-2016, 03:33 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || sahm, newton & tiphon - by Offspring - 09-03-2016, 01:39 PM