• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

troubled sea so deep; magnus

You've been up and down, down, you've been low, low, low.
    Ah. Yes. I’ve sort of done it again, haven’t I? The more I speak, the more puzzled Magnus looks, though at least he is polite about it. I pause, regroup, and try again. “Mm. My body used to be able to take on his shape. Or the one he would have had, if he’d lived beyond a few moments after birth. And I used to be able to...hmm, let him borrow it. We shared. Sometimes trading off, sometimes both here. Right up until today, anyhow. Odd gifts from my mothers. It’s...rather a long story, I suppose.” Not exactly a solid explanation, but at least it was more of one than he’d had a moment ago.

“So he was alive in a manner of speaking, and dead in another. It’s just now...well.” I shrug. Now he’s just dead, basically. Just as he used to be for everyone else, before we figured out that rather clever trick, a quirk of our heritage blending with a delightful twist of fate and my desperate need to not be in this body for a while.

“Well, I’m glad you’re well enough. Though I suspect ‘a little tired’ is a bit of an understatement.” Before, I could have looked deeper, seen the depth of exhaustion in his body, sought out weariness in his soul. Now all I have is his body language, the tone of his voice, the way it all weighed on his shoulders. Still, no matter how tired he may be, he does not...god, it’s hard to read people like this. But he does not seem broken, or damaged, or devastated. His body at least shows no signs of trauma. “You look okay, at least.”
    Troubled sea so deep, troubled home, no sleep.
    photo by Dagwanoenyent-Stock

Messages In This Thread
    troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-03-2016, 04:53 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-03-2016, 05:31 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-03-2016, 10:55 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-03-2016, 11:58 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-04-2016, 12:36 AM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-04-2016, 01:51 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-04-2016, 02:08 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-06-2016, 12:52 AM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-16-2016, 08:14 PM