• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Was your Idea-{Sirana, Family Members}
    'Sirana'... that was what that voice had said. So, naturally, Sirana had turned around, wanting to see who had called out her name. She was astonished to find it was a young colt with bay coloring, though she could see some patches where it was starting to lighten, signifying he'd have a much lighter coat when he was fully grown.

For some reason, the coloring he was getting reminded Sirana of how Eiria was when she was a filly; how she started out with a bay coat, then it lightened as she grew. Anahi had told Sirana her coat was the same way, and same thing with Nerius-

No, it couldn't be. Sirana gave the colt a long, hard look, analyzing his form. Her eyes met his, and in an instant, she knew. She couldn't mistake those eyes for anyone else; she knew who they belonged to. She may not have met him before she left to go with Phaedrus' former herd, but her dam had made sure to tell her the name choices she had for her newborn beforehoof...

And looking at him now, there was only one possible choice.

"Aten..." she whispered, walking up towards the bay yearling. She hesitated a moment, almost as if unsure; what if he didn't know who she was? But then, why would he have said her name? Ignoring the negative thoughts sweeping in her head, the filly wrapped her neck around her little brother's, a feeling of elation lighting up her darkened heart. She was so glad to see that he was okay; she had no words to express the joy she felt.

When she was done hugging Aten, she stepped back to get a better look at him. She smirked, "You look so much like Nerius right now... I'm glad to see that you're okay..."

She almost felt like she should mention Anahi, but since Aten was here alone, Sirana deduced that he must have not found her yet. She needed to keep him safe until then, so she motioned with her head for him to follow, "Come on. Zaravich and I are out looking for members of our herd. We need to stick together so we do not get lost," she explained. The mare trotted in the direction she'd seen Zaravich go; the same direction she heard the other voice. Glancing back to make sure Aten would follow, Sirana followed the black mare.

The duo arrived in time to hear the last vestiges of the conversation between Zaravich and this other horse in front of her, a young one Sirana vaguely recognized but not so much. When the filly questioned who Zaravich's companions were, Sirana stepped up, getting in front of her little brother, snorting in displeasure.

"I'm Sirana; your dam and I are members of the same herd. We are out looking for the others that got lost during Beqanna's change. This yearling is my little brother; he's out looking for our dam since they got separated," she explained, resisting the urge to give her brother a sorrowful look, since she knew she'd probably hit the nail on the head.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: This Was your Idea-{Sirana, Family Members} - by Sirana - 09-05-2016, 12:03 PM