• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where All Maps End; Any

The crickets’ chirping was slowly turning into a lullaby to Jason’s ears. His eyes were becoming heavier by the second. It had been a long time since he had been able to truly relax- but here, amongst spirits of friends, he felt wrapped in warmth. It was as if tender touches from ghosts had become the breeze that was now swirling around him. He could have stood there contented with nothing more for years.

A rustle, a step, and then a voice, all three came sequentially and quickly. Jason’s eyes snapped open as he turned his head in the direction of the sound. Initially he didn’t see anything in the darkness, but once his eyes adjusted a form started to take shape. As the shape traced into the outline of a horse it began to speak. An introduction was made- nothing that was unusual until the end. Jason was called a “night-time visitor”….visitor… His heart sunk at the word. It hadn’t occurred to him that was what he was- to them- to the current habitants.

The stallion, Mast, did seem friendly despite his unknown mistake. Jason had felt his own gaze fall, but he was quick to place a smile on his lips and brighten his expression to not (but just barely) show disappointment. ”Hello Mast, my name is Jason.” He said warmly. ”I have actually come to this place to offer my loyalty. So I hope to not be a visitor for too long. Do you live here?”
    jason

Messages In This Thread
    Where All Maps End; Any - by Jason - 05-06-2015, 09:36 AM
    RE: Where All Maps End; Any - by Mast - 05-06-2015, 01:03 PM
    RE: Where All Maps End; Any - by Jason - 05-06-2015, 03:12 PM