• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i will stand my ground. || beqanna & fairies; a petition
    <center><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Quattrocento' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Pathway+Gothic+One' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="width: 564px; background-color: #E0E0E0; box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000000;"><br><div style="font-family: 'Pathway Gothic One', sans-serif; color: #434343; font-size: 10.5pt; text-align: center; padding-top: 12px; padding-bottom:10px; line-height: 15pt; letter-spacing: 3.3px;">YOU CAN STAND ME UP AT THE GATES OF HELL, BUT I WON'T BACK DOWN.</div><div style="width: 500px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin-top: 5px;"></div><br><div style="padding-left: 35px; padding-right: 35px; font-family: Times; font-size: 12px; color: #635d5d; text-align: justify; line-height:105%; letter-spacing: 1.5px;">
       The air is thin once more, causing his lungs to have to work twice as hard to process the density of the oxygen within his behemoth both, but still, he presses on. The thoughts that linger in his mind are heavy, and entrenched in the weight of uncertainty. The heavy sun beats down along his marred skin, puckered pink scars glimmering faintly beneath the light - the only hint of color across an otherwise dreary spread of flesh and hair. 

Sweat beads gently along his terse, grinding muscles as he pushes himself up along the trodden path that slopes along the crest of the mountain, when suddenly he can feel something wash over him in a thick blanket - warm, enveloping him from every angle, and suddenly the fire that once burst so steadily within him returns with a ferocious fury. The magic seeps into his veins and dwells there, leaving him with a glowering ember within the very marrow of his bones - his pyrokinesis, his source of heat in an otherwise bleary winter's day, was returned to him - but he knew it only would for a short while.

His eyes, a deep crimson and burning with meaning, take in the immense and breathing sight that lay before him as his body finally reaches the end of its off-beaten path. The sunlight lay behind him, eclipsed by his own monstrosity, but it illuminates all that is before him, and though his heart still aches with the now distant memories of ice and permafrost, his mind solidifies before what lay before him now. A new day has dawned and the lost twilight of the previous one is littered is littered with the mistakes and greed of many; let it remain there. Though his heart longs for the ice and snow once more, his heart is open - eager for mercy, hoping for grace. He, too, had made mistakes in his past, but his heart has become raw and flayed open. 

Power had meant nothing to him; nothing but a proverbial weapon to wield. He had held power, with honesty and the desire to offer refuge and sanctuary to any and all who came across his path. He had taken the throne with a curious mind and an open heart, and it had brought many beneath his wing, many who trusted his wisdom <i>(though no wiseman thinks himself to be wise at all)</i> and his painstaking efforts, and he had become deeply entrenched in family. Oh, he had made his many mistakes too - his heart pangs at the thought of Vanquish, unraveling at the very seams from the sheer force of unbound magic, of Yael's shrill cry. 

Had he known it would all come to ashes and dust, he would have thought twice. He sought Vanquish's removal from power; a power he did not deserve to wield - a power that had lusted for an end to Mast, and to Demian, but it is vengeance for Mast that was sought so passionately. Topsail had grown restless and ached to pull the very one that had forced her father into hiding away from the crown, but they had all had spared too much faith into a single soul by the name of Tannor who had been nothing but power-hungry and lustful in the process.

It had stirred the anger and retribution of a most giving Beqanna.

It had been their most fatal mistake, and it had cost too many lives.
      His heart clenches within his chest - a mistake he sorely wished he could take back.

With a low, sullen sigh, he presses on, tilting his chin to the morning sky as he carefully bridges the unmarked path into the very center of the mountain - high-ended slopes rising to each side, with pristine water laying before him. His dry, parched throat begs for a drink, but it is not what he has come for. Though he has made mistakes before, though he has angered Beqanna in the aftermath of war better left alone, he seeks nothing but refuge and stability once more.

He can only hope that She will be able to see it, and give him, his allies, his closest friends and family, a second chance.

<b><font color="444444">"Beqanna - Fairies,"</b></font> He bellows out, eyes searching the horizon. <b><font color="444444">"I come to you as a single man - with family, and friends depending on my choices. I seek land, to establish for not only myself, but those who so desperately seek sanctuary and stability in these hard times. Will you grant myself and my closest companions a land in which we can make it so?"</b></font>

The embers within his soul burn so brightly, and his nerves feel as if they are in flames - but his heart and mind hold steady, awaiting Her reply.

</div> <center><div style="width: 500px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaaaaa; margin-top: 10px;"></div><br><br>
    <center><div style="font-family: 'Quattrocento', serif; font-size: 55pt; color: #434343; letter-spacing:12px; word-spacing: 0px; line-height:30pt; align:center; text-shadow: 2px 1px 20px #aaaaaa;">OFFSPRING</div>
    <div style="width: 564px; height: 639px; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TB7XHz0.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat;"></div></div></center>

Our team consists of @[magnus], @[Eight], @[Malis], @[Thanata], @[Newton], @[Sahm] - with Offspring as the "leader". @[Nymphetamine] will be joining, but the prior five mentioned will be contributing points. 

Point tracker is <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HTBLZ0Q1Ic9lf6Ku9poNFWbFYSNCqzWs_SSzeXm0ET8/edit?usp=sharing">here</a> and will be updated with all current links.

Thank you! Smile

Messages In This Thread
    i will stand my ground. || beqanna & fairies; a petition - by Offspring - 09-05-2016, 07:42 PM