• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thick skin / elastic heart
    you won’t see me fall apart
    "No," Thorunn says it too fast, too loud, making even herself jump at the urgency. No, hush yourself, you are independent. She tells herself. Since the loss of her family Thorunn carried on alone just fine. She'd made it this far, hadn't she? Some stroke of luck saved her after that mare destroyed her face - but that was it. A stroke of luck. No real talent or skill. She happened upon the Mountain just in time to keep from what should have been death. Or infection. Or both - slowly, but both.

"I've known Eight since I was a child," she explains. When did it become past tense? When did her youth become more of a passing thing than a current state of being? She knows when, deep down. When her family left she thought she'd grown, but the world kept forcing her to age despite her wishes. It was at long last, but it was here - adulthood. The time to step away from her parents shadows in this new land, with her new face, to make a name for herself.

"Camelia has been kind enough to help me," her words are still forced, whispered through a scab that broke open to reveal fresh, keloid material underneath. It ached and whined but she kept her composure. "So this is our new home?" All together, the most she's ever spoken - but it's a start.

It's a new day, after all.
    THORUNN
    COVET x LIBRETTE

Messages In This Thread
    thick skin / elastic heart - by Thorunn - 09-07-2016, 01:59 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - by Camelia - 09-07-2016, 02:58 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - by Thorunn - 09-07-2016, 05:16 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - by Eight - 09-09-2016, 09:01 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - by Thorunn - 09-10-2016, 05:43 AM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - by Camelia - 09-10-2016, 06:03 PM
    RE: thick skin / elastic heart - by Thorunn - 09-12-2016, 03:59 PM