• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY]

:WYRM:

Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Even after all this time, Wyrm’s never thought about Heartfire’s past. To him, she simply existed. For her, no doubt it went about in the same manner: Wyrm inhaled, therefore he had life, therefore he was not entirely useless as of yet. But what about his past? Was there even something worth talking about if she had chosen to open up her mouth and ask him? Like so many branches in a tree every outcome of every situation stretches out before him, all converging in his past to form the trunk that is him. The leaves that blossom - these are events that have come to fruition. Her silence on his irregularity? Just another branch culled short of a bloom. The tree continues to grow and Heartfire hums while another worthless second comes and goes.

“I guess that all depends on what you want.” Wyrm replies, the words practically vibrating in the back of his throat. He chuckles, keeping his mouth firmly closed as she flippantly re-directs his question. She wears the mask better than he ever could. “Boring?” He questions, easing away from her to stretch loose the muscles that have stiffened from inactivity. “Quite the opposite. I tend to find that the devil is always lurking somewhere in the details.” He murmurs, a single ear dipping in her direction.

Thoughtfully, his tail sweeps in a lazy arc from side-to-side; a green pendulum to count the moments that pass in silence before he raises his head to glance fully back at her. She could be stone, for how motionless she’d become. “So if you won’t tell me that, then tell me this -” He offers, one corner of his cheek twitching from the effort of withholding a sneer, “-What is it you desire, Heartfire?”

HTML by Cal and Toli

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY] - by Wyrm - 09-24-2016, 12:20 AM