• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's got nothing left to lose

good gone girl,
    she’s got nothing left to lose

It doesn’t take long for someone to approach them, but it’s not exactly who she’d expected. A little spindly ball of legs and sound bounces up, bright eyes fixed directly on Rowyn. Darking can’t help but grin. The boy is adorable, and though the sounds coming from his hooves are rather odd, he seems good-natured and harmless. She hangs back for the moment, letting Rowyn make the first move. The girl needs to learn how to interact with others her own age after all.

The little black filly steps forward, face almost uncomfortably close to the boy’s own. “Hi.” She pauses for a moment, apparently considering the boy. She clearly doesn’t entirely know what to make of his enthusiasm. And then she reaches out, probing at the boy’s thoughts with her mind, and Darking groans. “Rowyn, NO. Speak with your voice first, then only enter the mind with their permission.” She hadn’t even considered this might happen, but she probably should have. Rowyn is a far more gifted telepath than Darking had been at her age. Granted Rowyn has someone to teach her, and Darking had not.

Rowyn’s head turns at her words, and the girl’s mismatched eyes give Darking a deliberate look. Darking returns it pointedly. Rowyn is always testing her.

The battle of wills ends quickly in Darking’s favour however, and Rowyn’s turns back to look at the boy. “Thanks. I got them from my parents.” She shoots Darking another look, and flares her wings dramatically. “I’m Rowyn. I can be your friend I guess.”

The boy finally seems to realize her presence, and Darking finally steps in. “Hello Rune. Thank you.” She chuckles. What an odd child.

The sound of approaching hooves catches her attention, and she looks up to see the kind of horse she had expected from the get go. A blue-grey stallion is approaching, and he looks much like the average recruiter or herd stallion. She returns his greeting nod, and smiles politely. “Hello!” Rowyn seems more occupied with trying to impress Rune, so Darking sends her a quick thought - (be polite). The girl releases a grudging, “hi” before turning back to the boy and rustling her wings.

Darking, for her part, returns the stallion’s gaze to answer his question. “Well, like many in the field, I am in search of a new home.” Which probably seems strange when she has such a young child at her side, but it’s the truth. “What brings you to the field?”

DARKING

Messages In This Thread
    she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 10:41 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-09-2015, 07:50 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-18-2015, 12:52 AM