• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's got nothing left to lose
    As Perun’s face was stretching close to the girl to check out her cool eyes, she got really close to him too.  Which as pretty handy, since it got her eyes all right up in his face like so he got a real good look.  And yep, bright and colorful and different colors from each other and still super cool.  But while he was getting all up close and personal with his new friend, a tickle started in his head, like the tickle of sand in his nose that made him sneeze, but not in the same place.  He snorted, but it didn’t help.  So he shook his head hard enough to wobble his body and confuse his balance, and then had to catch himself to keep from falling over.  Again.  Oops.  But hey, it worked!  The tickle went away!

“Hi, Rowyn!  Whoa, you have wings?”  He hadn’t even noticed, which how had he managed that, even? They were big and pretty and right there in front of his face.  Must have been distracted by her eyes.  Oops.  “I bet wings are the coolest!  Flying would be lots of fun, ‘specially if it was all rumbly and stormy.”  His hair stuck up a bit more, crackling with static as he imagined being back up in the storms he could barely remember and couldn’t reach anymore.  “I’m glad you’re my new friend.  I didn’t get my eyes from my parents.  I mean, my mom.  I’ve only got the one parent, and she came along after I already had my eyes.  So I guess I got them from my…uh, head?”  He shrugged.

Miss Rowyn’s-Mom seemed really nice, smiling at him and all, so he smiled too.  “You’re welcome, ma’am!”  He might have said more, since lots of the time words just seemed to pour out of his mouth like rain poured from heavy clouds, but there was suddenly another someone talking too.  Rune peeked around Miss Rowyn’s-Mom in time to surprise the sky-colored man, then cocked his head and looked at the gathering.  One, two, three.  Mmmaybe the new person was bad at counting.  But Rune was pretty sure saying that out loud would be rude, so he just smiled his cheery smile and said “hi!” back and answered anyhow.  “I’m here because it doesn’t have sand!  I like the desert, but it makes my nose itchy, and the sand gets all in my hair and then scratching makes me zap things, and it is nice to not be itchy sometimes.”

Oh, but Rowyn was rustling her wings, and the feathers made such a fun shhhing sound and were so shiny and looked really soft!  “Are they soft?  They look soft.”  He reached his nose toward her wings, and they smelled like the sky and sunlight, not like electric-charged clouds and the roll of thunder.  He blew out a breath at the feathers closest to his nose his eyes lighting up as he watched the way they moved with her and with the wind and with his breath.  “Cool.”

Messages In This Thread
    she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 10:41 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-09-2015, 07:50 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-18-2015, 12:52 AM