• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's got nothing left to lose

good gone girl,
    she’s got nothing left to lose

The boy is just so enthusiastic!  Darking can’t help herself, and chuckles out loud as the boy rambles excitedly about flying.  It’s been a point of irritation for her daughter that her skill at flying is taking so long to improve, and she likely won’t appreciate Rune’s attempts at comforting.  She does, however, seem to appreciate the general attention the boy is giving her, something that Darking is still finding amusing.  Along with the fact that the boy seems rather poorly informed on the facts of life.

“Noo!  Of course not!”  Rowyn snorts derisively.  “She and my daddy got together and maaade me in her tummy.  That’s how babies happen, silly!”  She prods at him gently with her nose.  “Don’t you know anything?”  Her little mismatched eyes widen skeptically when he starts talking about ‘storm-man.’   “What do you mean storm-man?  And mom’s don’t find you, they give birth to you.”  Her voice drops conspiratorially low, as if letting him in on a secret.  “Out of their butts!”

Darking is so taken aback she can’t hold it in.  She lets out a loud guffaw.  “Oh sweetie, that’s not quite how it works.  And some mom’s can find their children.  We’re going to need to have a conversation about this a little later.”  Clearly Rowyn remembers a little of her own birth … just not any of the finer details.  “Perhaps we should accompany you back home Rune.  I think your mother would like to know that you’re safe.”  But the conversation has already returned to Rowyn’s wings, as the girl is flaring them out for Rune’s easy viewing pleasure.

Of course, their conversation changes again just as quickly.  “Lightning builds up on your SKIN?!”  The black filly peers in closer to Rune’s coat, as if she’s expecting to see lightning there at this very moment.  “Show me!”  She leans back, as if expecting to get suddenly zapped.  “Yeah, that’s what that is!  Mom says I’m probably immortal too, but I can’t really show you that.”  She freezes suddenly and turns to the blue-grey stallion, head cocked to the side.

(“Cooooool.  You can talk in people’s heads too!”)

Rune of course has missed the little exchange, and is speaking again, offering Darking and Rowyn a home, much to Darking’s surprise.  She is even further surprised that Jason agrees the Deserts would be a better fit.  He’s right of course, the mythical kingdom likely would be better for the two of them, especially with a child that Rowyn is already getting along with so well.  But to have a recruiter admit to that is unusual.  Granted, he hasn’t exactly been the usual recruiter.  “That sounds lovely Rune.”  Her green eyes turn to Rowyn, though she already knows what the answer will be.  “What do you think Rowyn?”  The little black filly nods sternly, trying not to show too much excitement.  “Sure.”

Smiling, she turns back to Jason.  “It's been a pleasure to meet you as well! And of course we wouldn’t mind.  You’re welcome any time!”

DARKING

Messages In This Thread
    she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-08-2015, 10:41 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-09-2015, 07:50 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Perun - 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: she's got nothing left to lose - by Darking - 05-18-2015, 12:52 AM