• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus)

hybris could remember the sorrow. she could dwell on the pain and the loss and the heartache. but she had long since returned to the roots of her personality - the roots that guided her to hold close the happiness that had touched her life. to think of the good times and the moments when her heart had been so FULL of joy.

rare though they may be they felt good to hold in her mind, to turn over and over.

HE starred in many of those memories. HE had brought her joy.

there was sorrow in his eyes that was clear despite his words; she did not press him for answers. hybris accepted his words at face value and offered only the slightest brush of her muzzle against his shoulder in the wake of them. she knew his sorrow and she was there, did he ever need comfort.

she laughed too and her brown eyes sparkled with a fresh life. "here, there, everywhere. i had to get away from it all. it was just... too much." her response was vague, she knew, but how could she begin? where could she possibly begin? oh i was in love and i had kids and then my mom kind of invaded my body and took over and then she left and i almost died.

not exactly light and happy conversation.

"but i'm back now," and she laughed again because that much was obvious, right?

a shiver ran the course of her body and she leaned in to him, comforted and reassured by his sheer presence. if magnus was here then it couldn't be THAT bad - and maybe he could give her some answers as to what the hell had happened. in time.

"are you well, magnus? you look... well, you look amazing." the blood rushed to her cheeks and her gaze flitted away, suddenly shy about how brazenly she had spoke. "i just mean.... time has been good to you."

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream

@[Laura] gawd they are so damn cute! lol. also i wasn't sure if we wanted to present-day this or how y'all handle time and such in bq now, haha. so she didn't mention nerine, but she can if we go that way =) it didnt need to be said here anyway =)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus) - by Hybris - 11-06-2016, 08:23 PM