• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus)

I want to walk with you on a cloudy day
    In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high

Magnus was hot on her heels, but she was not surprised. Hybris remembered well their many races through the jungle, she expected nothing less from him. Had he not caught up so quickly she would have turned to investigate why - this speedy rumble was the only thing that felt right.

Just like that she was young again. Just like that she was free of the burden of her mother and embraced by the humid jungle. It was there that she had learned to control her mind reading, to filter out what came in and focus only on the important and the necessary. It was there that she had learned how not to pry - for though she could have known what they ALL thought she did not wish to intrude. He had helped.

Magnus had touched her life and given her confidence that she had not dreamed of. He had helped her become sure of herself and of her words. He had been a gift and she regretted only how she had treated that gift.

She would not make the same mistakes.

The ivory mare stretched out her neck and snapped at the long strands of his tail, amused when she seemed to catch a hair or two between her teeth. Spurring him on, encouraging his hooves to fly as she squealed and snorted beside him. Her own heels kicked towards the sky in a true display of freedom and joy - in that moment she found a happiness that she had not dreamed to touch again.

When she was finally spent she would slow near the edges of the meadow, sides heaving and flecked with sweat. And then she would turn her gaze towards her best friend and without saying a word would thank him for that oh so precious moment.

Come away with me, in the night
    Come away and I will write you a song

@[magnus] we can wrap this up soon if you'd like? a fade or some such? i plan to send her to tephra i think, at least for a visit. nerine hasn't really called to her ;_; she might come stay or see if he has any other ideas for her ^^

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ; it was but a dream within a dream (magnus) - by Hybris - 02-02-2017, 11:08 PM