• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing's only words; weir, family

As usual, he sees right through her.

“It’s hard to not feel responsible.” She sighs again and shakes her head. It feels like she’s been fighting with Taiga ever since the girl was born. Fighting with her over her treatment of her sister, fighting with her over trying to keep her close and safe …

But try as she might, Taiga always finds some way to oppose her. What is she doing wrong here? What could she do differently to help the girl understand? Or … maybe Weir is right. Maybe Taiga is just a little too much of a free spirit, and there’s nothing she can do beyond trying her best to corral those wild impulses.

Weir’s voice turns to Lumi and her mind whirls over what he suggests. “The fae might let us regain our own abilities, but would they be willing to give out new ones? Their view of those of us with gifts is clearly very low these days …” And she cannot blame them for it. There has been so much war-mongering in the last few years. So much wanton destruction. And as for magicians …

“Do you know if any magicians have regained their power? And if they have, would they even be willing to help us?” So many of the magicians she’s heard of are … self absorbed to say the least. “And if they are willing to help … what would they ask in return?” She’s heard too of deals made with magicians that had turned out poorly for the non-magic user.

She sighs again (she seems to be doing that so often lately) and lifts her brown eyes to meet his amber ones. “I’m sorry to be so negative. I really hope we can find some way to help her. There’s just a lot of consider.” And she doesn’t want to make a mistake that could hurt their baby girl even more than she’s already hurting.

Eira follows his gaze back to the steaming mountain across the water, and a little smile finally slips across her face. “I suppose you’re right my dear.” Hasn't she already learned enough about not letting fear rule her? She lets Weir lift her head with his nose, and her smile can’t help but widen. “How about we all take a look together?”  

Messages In This Thread
    nothing's only words; weir, family - by Eira - 09-13-2016, 10:12 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; weir, family - by Weir - 09-14-2016, 01:58 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; weir, family - by Eira - 09-22-2016, 11:52 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; weir, family - by Weir - 09-23-2016, 09:09 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; weir, family - by Eira - 09-28-2016, 04:36 PM