• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Longer I run; Voudou, Any

After making his suggestion Jason watched with head cocked at Voudou’s stretching techniques. The bending and twisting of her back looked more painful than pleasurable. The blue stallion was not nearly as flexible- he thought to himself that if he had done the same move he might have needed to be carried out of the field.  Thankfully Voudou seemed perfectly fine when she rose; in fact she looked as ready as ever to make her way from their small conversation patch.

Jason bobbed his head as she spoke, he agreed with her assessment. He too liked the quiet, but at times his thoughts felt too consuming and thus it was best for him to have friends to go to. For the last several years Jason had way too much time inside his head. He may have managed to sort through the boxes and rearrange the furniture, but it was clear to anyone inside his brain that he was a fervent hoarder. Jason was glad to hear that Voudou didn’t have an interest in drawing quarrels with the other Gates members. He was sure that might change especially since he had developed some significant issues with the royal family. Their desertion of his home was going without reprimand. Jason had once betrayed the Gates for the sake of its survival, and he promised he wouldn’t ever do it again. Though now he was beginning to feel the same desire as before bubbling inside him.

”Well you wouldn’t be much of a wanderer if you had a good sense of direction.” He joked, nudging his nose against her side. ”Follow me, my dear Voudou.” He stepped forward so that he was just a hair in front and then he broke out in a brisk run. It felt wonderful to stretch out his legs as they galloped across the flat terrain of the field. Every few feet he glanced back at Voudou (though he suspected she would be by his side most of the journey).

Once the two had reached the outskirts of the Gates Jason skidded to a stop. His breaths had turned heavy with exasperation. Beads of sweat rolled down the side of his forehead. ”Damn….” He said breathlessly. ”I am ooouutaa shape.” He took a deep breath in and exhaled quickly. ”So this is it.” He motioned toward the wooded forest before them. The Gates was a kingdom filled with towering trees, babbling brooks, and cool shaded spots. In the center sat the mother tree, the essence of the kingdom, it rose out of the ground and brought life to the light kingdom- nothing could destroy its aged legacy.

”So Voudou….you said you were too evil for this place, think lightening’s gonna strike your behind as soon as you cross its borders?” He grinned.
    jason

Messages In This Thread
    Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 02:04 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 02:55 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 06:48 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Fiasko - 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-18-2015, 10:31 AM