• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Longer I run; Voudou, Any

{you remind me of the babe}
    The stallions words were quickly followed by unexpected snaps in the air.  Voudou lifted her nose towards the sky, only to be greeted by the expanding, swirling darkness of a newly formed cloud.  It bubbled to life with the fluffiness of freshly made cotton candy, but rumbled and groaned with the ferocity of the waterfalls that fell hundreds of feet into pits of chaos.  Her eyes reflected the bolts of light that went back and forth between the folds of the cloud, and Voudou's ears were perked forward, trying to take in as much as she could.

As much as should could accept the storm, she was not prepared for the spindly bolt that escaped the sky and landed itself just yards from them.  She pulled her head away with a tiny squeal.  Then the cloud was gone, and up above everything returned to its 'cheery' blue color.  Frankly Voudou preferred the storm.  

A snort escaped her nose before she heard a small snapping coming from Jason's direction and she turned to face him.  The fact that he had been the one behind the storm didn't necessarily surprise her, it was just that the thought that his blue color was more than just a color had barely crossed her mind.  And wondering what else he could do?  Not her concern.  

He spoke once more before he moved forward into a trot.  She let him pass her, and watched him for a few moments before twisting around and loping to catch up to him.  "You know, you don't have to be such a show off," she spat at him in a surprisingly harsh tone, "Believe it or not nothing you can do means anything to me if you only do it to prove a point, even as a joke."  

Occasionally her moodiness even surprised her.  It wasn't as if Jason had meant anything by it, but it was still something that aggravated the young mare for no apparent reason.  She stayed next to him but didn't look at him, instead taking in her surroundings, the scents and the sights, scoping out areas she needed to come back and examine closer on her own time.  The shade felt nice, but also sent chills down her spine as the cool air hit the patches of now-drying sweat on her body.  It left ugly, gross crusty lines on her charcoal coat, and she knew she would have to take care of that later, perhaps with a nice long soak in a lake.  "Is there a lake nearby?" she blurted out without even thinking about it.  
    tags Jason // Open, 432 words.
    notes, _______.

Messages In This Thread
    Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 02:04 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 02:55 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 06:48 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Fiasko - 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM