• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Longer I run; Voudou, Any

{you remind me of the babe}
    {{X}}Of course, Jason wasn't normal.  At her words all he did was lean away from her and tell her to stop.  

{{X}}Fine, if he didn't want to play this game he didn't have to.  Voudou snorted at him and turned away, ears slightly pinned and tail swishing.  Part of her was tempted to just hop back into that crystal clear water and swim out as far as she could.  He wouldn't follow her and from there she wouldn't be able to hear him.  It felt as if someone had dropped a brick in her stomach, and she couldn't pin down whether it was sadness or anger.  In truth it was both, but Voudou, being her stubborn self, refused to accept that any sort of rejection could hurt her.  It was anger, in her mind, and whatever wasn't anger she would turn into anger.

{{X}}She was about to go back and plunge into that water when a figure appeared before her, another painted mare.  Voudou rolled her eyes, completely prepared to tear this little thing into pieces.  This creature was chipper and happy, even better.  Tearing someone out of their bubble of naive ignorance was always easier than crushing a creature that already lived in darkness.  The stranger spoke, followed swiftly by a cheerful greeting on Jason's end.  Voudou practically threw up.  Too much happiness in the air, she needed to get out.  "What do you want?" she spat harshly at the innocent mare, before swiftly turning and throwing herself back into the water.  This time, the cold did hurt, it shot into her like thousands of needles, and she even visibly winced as the water reached her chest.  As soon as the water was deep enough, the ebony mare briefly ducked underneath the surface, clearing her head on the inside with a blast of cold pins on the outside.  

{{X}}Her eyes narrowed as she swam, following the bank but staying several yards away from it.  She followed the bank past where Jason had been standing, and kept on moving away from both of the other equines.  Voudou didn't need them, hell she didn't even need this home.  Frankly, going back to the Field sounded better than staying here just about now.  

{{X}}Voudou kept swimming, completely ignoring the actions of the others, until she couldn't stand the cold anymore.  Only then did she pull herself out of the ice bath, landing herself in several inches of mud on the shore.  She had made up her mind to leave this place, screw them, screw him.  If Jason wanted to find her he could track her down.  As the vixen shook she felt her back foot shift and sink down into the mud.  Even before she tried to move she knew something had caught her foot, hidden beneath the slimy sludge.  Nothing a small tug couldn't fix right?  Wrong.  Even more anger boiled in her gut as Voudou realized she was more than just briefly inconvenienced, she was stuck.  Very, very stuck.  Her back leg was covered in mud about 8 inches up, and however hard she pulled it only sunk deeper.  "Ah shit," she mumbled under her breath.  
    tags Jason // Fiasko, 525 words.
    notes, Voudou is a drama queen xD.

Messages In This Thread
    Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 02:04 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 02:55 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Jason - 05-13-2015, 06:48 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Voudou - 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM
    RE: Longer I run; Voudou, Any - by Fiasko - 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM