• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Try me. [arrya]
    She looked at him suspiciously as he raised from his little head-bow, which then turned into slight confusion. Ah, maybe he'd actually soaked in some of that useless princely manners and stunned her just a bit. Reflecting on it, he believed it may have actually been the first time he'd done it for anyone in this new land. How odd.

Well, she shrugged it off and he did too. Moment over.

Her face changed at the subject of family, softening and nearly glowing. She looked so happy, so complete. Would he ever have that? Oh, no of course not. He hadn't been made for that life. He was built for skirmishes and protection, had been his only purpose until his untimely release from it. Perhaps if he found something, a new use for his skills, he'd feel less drifting-in-the-wind. A mercenary perhaps, or bodyguard. Did anyone even need those things here? It was so damn quiet and peaceful compared to the nearly daily battles at home.

Her gaze found him again, all the warm fuzzies still in her deep eyes. His face softened in response. She probably had no idea how beautiful she was when she was so blissfully happy. In more words than that, she said she was pregnant. He felt like he wanted her to always look like that, just how she did now. Peaceful. Contented.

And then it was gone, and she looked stricken. She'd mentioned twins and somehow that triggered this almost fearful look. His brows tugged together, but her moment doesn't last and she brushes it off like it never happened. Damn, she really was like a warrior. She set aside her emotions so easily when they didn't suit her, just as he'd been taught to do.

She didn't know where her daughters were, but said her little family now lived in a forest. She seemed pretty pleased with the place, somewhere named Sylva. A good place for children to grow up in, she'd said. His thoughts immediately turn to Josie, and the child she carried. He knew the dark mare still hadn't found a home, perhaps he could lead her there. Quiet and peaceful, and damned trees didn't suit him, used to the wide open view of a hard-packed desert, but Josie would probably feel more comfortable there.

Where does he call home? He was a drifter without a purpose. He was afraid nowhere would ever be home again. So he just smiled and lied, I think I might have to call this Sylva of yours home. If you think you could bear to have such a beautiful princess so close by, that is. He waggled his eyebrows at her and tossed his mane with a grand flair like the best of them.

I know someone who would appreciate a place to raise a child.

Messages In This Thread
    Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM
    RE: Try me. [any] - by Arrya - 10-02-2016, 10:32 AM
    RE: Try me. [any] - by Akkadian - 10-02-2016, 10:12 PM
    RE: Try me. [any] - by Arrya - 10-03-2016, 03:20 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-04-2016, 04:37 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Arrya - 10-14-2016, 11:55 AM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-28-2016, 08:18 AM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Arrya - 10-28-2016, 10:06 AM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-29-2016, 08:39 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Arrya - 10-29-2016, 10:34 PM
    RE: Try me. [arrya] - by Akkadian - 10-30-2016, 05:30 PM