• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  looking to the stars to save me
    now you're staring at a queen.
    Ea had adapted surprisingly easily to this new world. She’d needed to keep busy to keep the memories of her previous life at bay -- which was, truthfully, the only reason she found herself in the field. She’d hardly slept, either, electing instead to wander around the island, becoming familiar with the land. Ischia was beautiful; a jungle paradise, green with all of its flowers in bloom and snow white beaches. It reminded her so much of the Amazons -- her first home -- though only in geography, not in spirit. The Amazonian women were hard and tough and eager to prove themselves that way. Ea had been like that too, before. Now, in the loss of Ramiel and two of their children, she feels softer, constantly wavering on uncertain. Still tough, but less eager to prove herself. She didn’t need to anymore.

The field is alive again. Many were beginning to come out of their hiding places now that lands were beginning to form and Beqanna was resuming some form of normalcy. She sees a bright red bay mare nearby, and starts her direction before another bay mare joins the first. Ea continues on at a relaxed pace, undeterred. Though she had always enjoyed that the Dale had been small in numbers, she wanted to open Ischia up to as many as she could. It wasn’t about creating a powerful kingdom for her; all she’d ever wanted was for their home to be a family -- a strong family, though, to ward off any who would try to overtake them.

She catches up to them in time to hear the second mare’s name. Vakarian, from the Coast. The silver bay mare nods her head in greeting. “I’m Ea, leader of Ischia,” she says confidently. She’d always had an air of regality about her; it came naturally as she was born as a princess and trained by her mother to be a queen. “We would, of course, love to have you join our family as well. Ischia is an island -- a bit of a swim up north, but it’s beautiful.” Ea looks then to Vakarian, pausing a bit. “Sorry, I haven’t heard of the Coast. Being on an island makes it a bit more difficult to learn about the new lands. Can you tell us more about it?”

Though she looks interested, truthfully she doesn’t particularly care about the Coast. She was only hoping to learn a bit about it while she could, perhaps save herself a trip to meet the new leader, if it had one. She was never one to put in any more effort than necessary.

Messages In This Thread
    looking to the stars to save me - by Vessel - 09-17-2016, 08:12 PM
    RE: looking to the stars to save me - by Vakarian - 09-17-2016, 09:00 PM
    RE: looking to the stars to save me - by Ea - 09-25-2016, 05:24 PM