• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt
    Akkadian
    "Awk-ay-dee-Uhn"
    I am... Kade.
    On the outside, he was dangerous, a formidable opponent to any who challenged his protection. He was trained that way from birth, with the added years of experience from fighting off and raiding the many warring clans of his homeland.

But inside, he was just a vulnerable child. He fought doubts surrounding his "family". He had grown up a prince, only the second-born so thankfully not the heir, but a prince nonetheless. Until, of course, the day his father-king told him the truth; that he'd been an orphan discarded carelessly and left to die. He'd been taken in only to become the true heir's personal bodyguard and friend.

As if his thoughts could conjure up his own past, he found himself in a place reflective of his story. Steely eyes gazed around at little faces who all had also been abandoned or lost in some way, some sad, some seemingly oblivious to their situation as they pounced about. One, though, held still.

Black as his own coat, she was a beacon to him, calling his attention with her passive stance. She did not play, did not cry. She merely was. There seemed a fiery spark in her eye and he assumed she must be a strong one to handle whatever her young life had thrown at her thus far and still remain so stoic.

And then he wondered what the heck he was doing here. He should turn around and leave. Why was he still standing here? And then he found himself moving forward and not away from the adoption den. He halted in front of the girl, towering over her with a blank face.

Do you have a name? he asked calmly, his eyes hard and focused. Curious.

I am.. he hesitated, not sure if he should reveal his name. It was a bit lengthy, perhaps, for one so small. He wasn't really interested in explaining the meaning of it either.

Kade, he supplied instead. Yes, she could call him Kade, that would do. Dark eyes peered at her carefully, sweeping over her in a quick flick of the eyes, taking mental note of any injuries and waiting patiently for her reply.

Messages In This Thread
    I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-18-2016, 06:27 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-21-2016, 09:33 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-21-2016, 09:47 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-23-2016, 10:51 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-24-2016, 12:38 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-24-2016, 02:36 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-24-2016, 11:33 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Akkadian - 09-25-2016, 03:21 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by LunarHorse - 09-25-2016, 03:33 PM
    RE: I'm Not Broken,I'm Just Hurt - by Lanora - 09-25-2016, 03:36 PM