• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

; i stand amid the roar of a surf-tormented shore
    this was not her jungle.

her heart ached to think that it was gone - a deep and untouchable ache. she had returned - wild, free, alive - but there was nothing to be found. nothing familiar, at least.

the jungle had been home. no, it had been much, much more than a simple home. it had been her best friend, her mother, her mentor - a living, breathing entity that had bled LIFE in to her soul. her step still whispered of that same wildness, the ribbon of hoofprints behind her a testament to where she had been and where she had come from.

simple brown eyes held a thousand stories even though a blanket had been thrown over them, now. hybris could not forget the thoughts of the lives that had touched her - the memories were not so easily silenced. although this beqanna had changed drastically (and though she found the silence so very disconcerting) hybris pressed on.

my sparrow would ALWAYS fly free.

agile, almost serpentine, she weaves her way along the coast, pulled by an invisible thread. she knew without asking - without, even, the thousand voices to inform her - that this would be her new home. this would be her destiny. she called to them, her sisters, and begged of them their company.

come, teach me, learn from me. let us share a thousand stories. let us write a thousand more.

hybris ; it was but a dream within a dream

Messages In This Thread
    ; i stand amid the roar of a surf-tormented shore - by Hybris - 09-19-2016, 10:39 PM