• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you belong among the wildflowers [zons]
    That sigh is laced with fatigue, longing, an emptiness. She passes through the forest with a particular slowness, taking her time in looking for the group of women she has known as family since birth. Around a copse a trees she finds nothing but empty space and sprouting grass. Within a bramble she spies nothing but a family of quail nestled within the confines of the thorny mess. They titter at her presence and she quickly withdraws her head, a few strands of black tearing tangled from her head. “Ow,” she states, tossing it back and snorting- she never liked thickets.

Her search is fruitless, each turn of the trail holding no signs of her former life. Was it so terrible to hope it would? Maybe she should move on, forget the past and try living in the present. She tried so many times to do so after her parents passing and each time had failed quite spectacularly. Didn’t stop her from trying though, she was nothing if not consistent.

Just when she has all but given up she is joined by a rather unfamiliar woman. A smokey grullo female that Sarkis does not recall ever knowing or meeting before. No matter, she wasn’t one to shirk meeting new faces, she had overcome her deep set depression that had taken hold of her social life.

You smell like the Jungle

Her ears perk, pulling forward at the sound, at the observation spoken out loud. Hazel eyes brighten, taking on a sparkle instead of simply laying flat within her skull. “I do, yes,” she says, nodding at the words. “Yes, yes I did live there before- before all this. Have you by chance seen any of the others from there, the Amazons, my sister?” She is too hopeful to stop the questions that spill from her lips. And then someone else is approaching and Sarkis whips her head towards the new comer.

Happiness floods her, her face brightening with a smile as her eyes take in the sight of the grey. “Lagertha!” She exclaims but stops herself from bounding forward to greet the once Khaleesi of her homeland. She stills herself long enough to learn the name of the stranger and remembering her manners she offers a greeting of her own- a proper one. “Oh, I’m sorry, I’m Sarkis. Nice to meet you Djinni.”

“Lagertha are the others okay, have you found them?” she wonders, hoping everyone was okay but glad she was no longer alone.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you belong among the wildflowers [zons] - by Sarkis - 09-22-2016, 07:14 AM