• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here i am, this is me; any

Circinae

Whatever I said seems to have done the trick. The girl - Raeanne - seems to be perfectly capable of holding her own, regardless of the fact that she’s been dumped like yesterday’s trash here in this miserably quiet place. I shudder to think of how her night would’ve been, had I decided instead to leave. “Hey I’m all for it, this place gives me the creeps.” I tell her, shrugging off the uncomfortable weight of what’s transpired between us. “I will say this though -” I begin, turning about to follow the worn path that would lead us to the open arms of Beqanna and her creatures, “-You don’t have to miss your mom, but you shouldn’t forget her name. Or your dad’s. If it’s one thing I’m sure about, it’s that family ties can open up some strange doors.”

I wonder what sort of doors it would’ve opened for me in the old world. But that world - and that Circinae - are long gone now. This Circinae has a kiddo in tow, one that’s much sharper than I’d given her credit for. “Raeanne, huh?” I question, finding that I approve of the calling. It’s feminine with just a hint of an edge to it. At least we share a lot of vowels in common. “I’m Circinae. You can call me Circy though, if you want.” The path winds on and then we’re close to being back on the cusp of normal society. With each step, I feel a confidence begin to grow about the red filly. Maybe fate had a hand in this after all.

The mountains are directly West, the gathering fields directly North, but none of them seem to appeal to me at the moment. What I needed … no, what we both needed was a change of scenery. “How do you feel about hopping the river near the lake to the Northwest and doing some Kingdom sight-seeing?” I ask, tilting my head slightly as a wayward grin stretches over my lips. “I hear Taiga is nice this time of year.”

The Wolf of Water

ooc: They're going on a little journey! I'll tag you in the starter thread ASAP <3

Messages In This Thread
    here i am, this is me; any - by Raeanne - 09-22-2016, 01:11 PM
    RE: here i am, this is me; any - by Circinae - 09-22-2016, 02:41 PM
    here i am, this is me; - by Raeanne - 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM
    RE: here i am, this is me; any - by Circinae - 09-22-2016, 05:02 PM
    here i am, this is me; - by Raeanne - 09-22-2016, 09:39 PM
    RE: here i am, this is me; any - by Circinae - 09-23-2016, 11:45 PM