• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm not primping. -{Anyone

"Hello," a voice like bells chimed at her. Wallace looked her over as she came to a stop in front of her, the mare's eyes glancing down at her fresh injury. She shifted self-consciously, determined to play it off like no big deal. She'd not appear weak in front of anyone, lest they be tempted to send her back to that awful prison they called the adoption den. Whatever, she could take care of herself.

"I'm Ea; you've made it to Ischia, if that's where you meant to be. It looks like you could use some help," the stranger continued. Wallace got the impression she should know this person, but clearly didn't. What, was she some kind of appointed greeter or something?

Nah, even with equally salt-tangled hair she seemed too regal. Must be a higher-up sort of person. She shrugged inwardly, and turned her attention to her not-quite-offer of assistance. Plain brown eyes slid to her leg, still slick with blood. Her young features distorted in a grimace.

The salty sea had numbed her legs and she hadn't a clue what actually ripped her open. She twisted the limb casually as she examined it a moment. It would probably heal just fine with time. Well, she didn't really know that, but she could imagine that's what her adoptive mother would have said if she'd been here. Maybe with a cleaning sort of lick. Yuck, there was no way she was eating sand and blood.

Wallace returned her stare to Ea, noting the easy sort of grace she seemed to naturally possess. The young girl mimicked her, squaring her shoulders a little and standing just a mite taller. Confident, but not cocky. Hmm, she thought she could pull it off. Didn't seem too hard, anyway. Some things were learn-able even to rebellious little orphans.

"Yes, Ischia was my intended destination. Phaedrus, with the wings and all the blue, sort of invited me." Well, he'd meant to, she was sure, but something had come up and they'd split ways rather suddenly. She had overheard the tidbit about the sandbar and took matters into her own hand, though, as was her way.

"It'll heal," she said nonchalantly regarding her aching leg, more confidence in her tone than she truly felt as she really had no idea if it would heal well on it's own.

"What's there to do around here?" she asked, directing the attention away from her unfortunate state and trying to figure out what the hell she was going to do with herself now that she was here. There was probably some seriously adorable men around somewhere to stare down. She hoped so, anyway.

Wallace

Messages In This Thread
    I'm not primping. -{Anyone - by Wallace - 09-26-2016, 08:21 AM
    RE: I'm not primping. -{Anyone - by Ea - 09-28-2016, 04:53 PM
    RE: I'm not primping. -{Anyone - by Wallace - 10-02-2016, 06:48 PM