• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Life-Open
    (10-02-2016, 12:22 PM)ᴅᴊɪɴɴɪ Wrote: Djinni has never had a friend.

She has had family: parents and sisters and brothers. She has had Walter: a conundrum that is both far beyond friendship and barely more than passing acquaintances. She's had lovers galore.

But she has never had a friend.

It's not something she has ever regretted, but as she searches the brown mare's friendly face for something hidden and finds nothing, she wonders if perhaps she has been missing something. The grullo mare is so used to others having angles, to be working toward something at the sacrifice of others around them. What would it be like to know someone that is not tied to her by blood, but rather by companionship.

It would be strange, she decides, but not entirely unwelcome.

"I was born in Beqanna," she replies, gesturing with her petite muzzle toward the south, where there is nothing more than ocean. "But the Desert where I was born is long gone, and all these lands are as new to me as they are to you." She tries a smile, a friendly expression, and finds it fits rather well.

"Well, not all of them, I suppose. I've become rather fond of the Coast of Nerine." And she has, even if she's not certain that it is to the Sisterhood that she wants to pledge her loyalty. "Do you like the ocean, Haliaka?"

Her ears flicked in interest as the other spoke. She was intrigued with the silver mare. Haliaka herself had never been easy to make friends with. Her lack of speech, and trust for others posing as complicated to others. She had a friend once, long ago. One who knew her well enough to see that she was not unkind, or mute. One whom saw that she was kind, and quite the conservationist. Her head turned to look where the other had directed her gaze. She knew what lay beyond the field, though she was unsure whether she could trust the whispers of passing horses or not.

She had never ventured to the ocean, though the lands she came from hosted many a lakes and ponds. She enjoyed the water almost as much as the fish that lived within it. Her mind turned at the question. She didnt know the ocean. Though, she presumed she would enjoy it all the same.

"Yes, Yes I do."

She replied, returning the others smile with a small one of her own. her gaze didnt leave the space it had settled on. 

"one day. One day you will know the sea."

She promised herself silently, before her amber orbs returned to Djinni's gaze.

Messages In This Thread
    Life-Open - by Haliaka - 09-28-2016, 07:34 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Djinni - 09-29-2016, 10:29 AM
    RE: Life-Open - by Haliaka - 09-29-2016, 03:39 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Djinni - 09-29-2016, 09:42 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Haliaka - 09-30-2016, 03:59 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Djinni - 10-02-2016, 12:22 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Haliaka - 10-02-2016, 12:35 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Djinni - 10-02-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Haliaka - 10-02-2016, 01:03 PM
    RE: Life-Open - by Djinni - 10-03-2016, 08:10 AM