• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Cerva;
    The air was chilling, and without her warmth it was freezing. Even that small distance between them felt so very far. The snow drifted in lazy streamers, melting as soon as it touched his hot skin. He watched it absently, once again brooding on their futures. When he met her eyes again, a smile spread across her lips as though it were a natural reaction. His gaze softened in response, though his brows still held pinched together somewhat anxiously.

He worried over his plans. They would require him to detach himself from her side, for a while at least. It was a constant inner battle; if he stayed, he could be sure no man tried to steal her from him. But away, he could not guarantee someone would find her, seduce her kind heart into forgetting him. As he was now though, a male could simply waltz in and grab her. He had no defenses, no training. It was important if he truly wished to keep her safely at his side.

"You would be more impressed by my family," she continued. His ears twisted back in disgust. They had abandoned her, forgotten her as though she meant nothing to them. He wasn't sure anything they may have been born with could overwrite those damages in his eyes, but he held his thoughts to himself. He would not openly disrespect the lineage that delivered his angel to him.

His face finally relaxed as she spoke again. "You don't need abilities to help. You are extraordinary even without anything additional." He smiled and nosed at her in quiet thanks. He wasn't sure it was true, but he loved that she sounded as though she believed it. She continued, explaining about the mountain as she looked off in the distance. Dark eyes followed her gaze to the place of his origin, his creation. "Does that sound ok?"

Of course, he answered easily. He'd go anywhere with her, everywhere with her. To be there as her magic was restored, and perhaps his own in turn, would be entirely rewarding. He'd never realized there was more to her, that she was not already whole. It drove him to find a solution and restore what once was hers.

As he stared out towards the mountain, he sensed her ease in closer and stilled, holding his breath in anticipation and hope. Her velvet trailed across his neck, leaving his skin prickling in pleasure in its wake. Did all women have this magical touch, or was it only his beautiful Cerva? He didn't care to find out. Hers was the only one he desired.

"Come here, Dovev." Electricity scorched through him at her words, that low tone, and he was instantly obeying. "I want to hold you." She wrapped herself around him, warming him through and through despite the shy tremble that racked through him. He returned the embrace, lightly placing slow kisses down her neck and shoulder.

All mine.

But there was that nagging possibility, the chance he may not always be at her side.
    Cerva.. he began, pausing to organize his thoughts. It dug painfully into his soul just trying to say it to her. How could he abandon her when they had all done the same to her? Would she see it that way and hate him? If he could tell her how badly he wanted to stay, but the necessity of what he must do.. how hard this was for him.

But his tongue became thick and heavy in his own torment, and he knew what he said was not enough. Nothing could ever be enough.
    I may... I have to leave for a while, Cerva. He ground it out, the words tasting like sour bile as they left him. You know I would not do so if it was not of dire importance, he said a little hopefully. Please don't hate me, he thought fervently, alighting more kisses to her neck.

There was something he must do.
    It was time that he find the man who would recreate him.

::i swear to goodness he writes novels just for you.
    i'm also a season behind for taking so long, i see :| very sorry!

Messages In This Thread
    Cerva; - by Dovev - 10-05-2016, 08:50 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 10-07-2016, 03:01 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 10-07-2016, 11:46 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 10-18-2016, 02:08 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 10-28-2016, 11:10 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 11-02-2016, 04:56 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 11-05-2016, 04:24 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 11-09-2016, 04:04 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 11-19-2016, 05:18 PM