• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thin skin / elastic heart [any]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?

The irony. Reagan hardly ever knows what to say to them either. It is a good act she puts up; a mask of impeccable porcelain that allows her to pretend that she is one of them. However, without her magic, she is. Here among the trees however, she is able to pretend that she is unchanged, eternal, and the mother of this forest. Full of life from the body of her son as he kicked against her distended tummy, she approaches Thorunn and Ruan, wondering what kind of confrontation could be such that the girl would think it hostile.

Reagan is curious. She does not know this girl, but the shimmering of her scar sends a shiver down Reagan’s back. She does not want to know what has caused such a devastating injury as to leave permanent disfigurement, but figures that she is either better for it, or worse. “Taiga is the name for a mystical forest at the top of the world,” she says. Reagan does not wait to be introduced, and as this is her party, she will interrupt if she wants to. “Precious and perfect, untouched or corrupted by embittered forces. Such is this place. The tiger has left these woods, but I assure you, the wolf is here to stay.”

She is unsure of Thorunn’s purpose here, and it puts her on edge. However, she manages to keep the bite from her tongue as she addresses the stranger, while logging in her mind that perhaps that she is not all of what she seems.

“My name is Reagan, and Ruan and I are the leaders here. What brings you to our home?”

Messages In This Thread
    thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by Thorunn - 10-06-2016, 07:42 AM
    RE: thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by Ruan - 10-06-2016, 10:25 AM
    RE: thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by demian - 10-09-2016, 07:09 AM
    RE: thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by Thorunn - 10-11-2016, 02:16 PM
    RE: thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by Ruan - 10-21-2016, 07:31 PM
    RE: thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by Thorunn - 10-25-2016, 04:44 PM
    RE: thin skin / elastic heart [any] - by Reagan - 11-16-2016, 04:59 AM