• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste.

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

The Reckoning took everything from me. My lover, my child. I exist as a ghost but not a ghost. I can no longer take shelter in the cold embrace of mist and shadows. But the relentless spirits seemed to have slid behind the silver of my eyes. I can no longer see half eaten faces covered with dirt and rot, my ears no longer hear their hollow whispers crying for help with pleading eye sockets.

I am free from their torture. This what it must like to be normal.

As I step forward to meet the call of the women, I am unafraid and daring in the sleek black of my skin. I meet their gazes as each speak in turn and I listen carefully because I am very good at being quiet. They all speak. A pretty spotted woman, a fetching paint, a bay mare who smells familiar but not familiar...some how darker but finally all question and chatter cease when Naga emerges.

I know this name because we share so much without words. The tapered points of my ears are forward and keen. I was unable to muster the strength of my words before but now I can feel them hot and searing in my throat. "Spiritual caste." I speak under my breath. If there were a place in the world for me it is that. It is hard to admit I can no longer speak to the dead for the Reckoning took that from me but I can regain it. I can once more be useful. My empty womb that once held my daughter aches with it's yearn for purpose. My heart follows suit to belong. Hesitantly, I step forward as tribute.

"I, Graveside, volunteer." This is the first time in my life I have felt like I existed. I am no a ghost. I am not dead. I am a horse just like the ones to my left and right. Until today, I was nothing more than a name but now I am a member of this tribe. They do not know me but I know all about the Amazons and their queen, Naga. I have spent much time drifting in their darkest reaches in my ghost form, prying open the little secrets and learning their ways...initiations...traditions. I have spoken with some of their dead and listen to the tales of forgotten women. I am not a spy nor a peeping trespasser with ogling eyes. They intrigue me.

It has felt like ages since I was intrigued.

graveside

((sorry she's a new face and getting to know everyone but this is a great idea! I love the idea of a spiritual caste!))

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Mandatory for those interested in peace caste. And info about new caste. - by Graveside - 10-12-2016, 01:44 PM