• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As the Winds Blow, any
    Though Djinni has seen oceans before, she likes this one the best.

It is no tropical paradise of white sand beaches and waving palms, but the grey-green water and the cool granite sand are paradise enough for the tobiano mare. Her djinn had found it satisfactory enough to call home, and so Djinni does too. It is strange, she thinks, to have a home. She had lived in the Chamber far longer than she has lived her, but that pine forested mountainside was never truly home.

The bay stallion replied that he is happy, and Djinni smiles in response. It is good, she thinks, to have a friendly face here. Too many of them are dour and uncompromising, stewing with their own personal troubles and the dramatic intrigue that seems to follow the Sisterhood wherever they settle.

"I suppose the answer to that depends on what you mean by being with the Sisterhood. I've been here since Beqanna gave us the coast, but I've heard there were been pledging ceremonies when the Sisterhood lived in the Jungle, and none of those have happened in the year since we arrived. If that matters, I suppose I'm not with them yet at all."

And she might not be, she doesn't add. Djinni likes the sea, and she is fond of a few of the individual women, but a few of the things that have been asked of them infringe a little far of the dainty mare's sense of individuality. Sacrifice her womb for the realm? Triple their numbers as quickly as possible with no quality control? No, perhaps she might live with the sisterhood and be a woman alone.

"What about you, Simeon? Are you a member of the sisterhood" A teasing smile plays over her face - they both know that he has a few too many bits to belong to a gaggle of women. Perhaps he is the lover of one of the women, or even a brother or son.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    As the Winds Blow, any - by Simeon - 10-10-2016, 10:14 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Djinni - 10-11-2016, 08:03 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Simeon - 10-11-2016, 11:44 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Djinni - 10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Simeon - 10-20-2016, 01:21 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow, any - by Djinni - 10-26-2016, 08:01 AM