• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i never watch the stars, there's so much down here
    Djinni appreciates compliments, and ones on her name are much more common from newly met mares. Stallions tend to flatter her looks, and while Djinni has no overt preference for either sex, it is nice to see nothing but friendliness in the expression of the other mare. The shielded expressions of her sisters have become tiresome of late, and that - combined with her search - is what had brought her to the meadow.

"Aetheria," she repeats with a smile, "I like yours as well."

And she does. It flows off the tongue without any harsh sounds; it reminds her of what a fairy might choose to name itself. When Aetheria - Ria - asks if she is looking for someone, Djinni turns her attention back to the palomino mare. There is something almost akin to guilt on her dark face, but it is easily wiped away by the self-deprecating smile that follows.

"I'd just wondered if a friend was here," she answers. "He's palomino, like you."

This time, her attention seems determined to not wander, and she meets Ria's brown eyes with her own sea-green gaze. She is curious, so she asks with a quirk of her brow: "What about you, Ria? Are you here to meet anyone in particular?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    i never watch the stars, there's so much down here - by Aetheria - 10-11-2016, 12:09 PM
    RE: i never watch the stars, there's so much down here - by Aetheria - 10-11-2016, 09:55 PM
    RE: i never watch the stars, there's so much down here - by Djinni - 10-12-2016, 07:45 AM