• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark, you can't come soon enough for me; mandalocks
    dark, you can't come soon enough for me
    There’s instant recognition in her face when he mentions the name and his heart sinks. Of course she knows Kreios. Just his luck.

But his disappointment turns to smug amusement when Mandalocks reveals that Kreios is actually missing. Missing! “Oh really?” His tone is concerned - it takes all that he has to keep his true feelings from his voice. “Do they have any idea what’s happened to him? He’s well … he’s my father. Possibly your grandfather then, I suppose. It would be nice to know he’s alright.” Internally though, he’s almost jumping in glee. Hopefully the corrupted old bastard has gotten himself into trouble. Szeth certainly won’t loose sleep if he never sees Kreios again.

He keeps a contemplative, concerned look on his face, but turns his attention to the girl’s other comments. “It would be nice to … well, get to the truth of the matter. I have not seen many of my other children as of late. And … if I am your father, I would like to get to know you better. If you are willing, of course.” Sin Killer and Nefertem had left the nest long ago - he hasn’t seen either of them in years. And he’s only met Stoney once. He’s only had one other tryst, and he doesn’t even know if that one produced a child. It would be nice to know at least one of his children.

“That does sound lovely. Rather different from my old home, but lovely all the same.” Paradise Beach had been warm, wet and sandy … but he’s not entirely opposed to thick forests. It’s simply the traited ones he objects to. Speaking of which …

“Say, you don’t happen to have any traits, do you?” He keeps his voice light and friendly, but anxiety ripples beneath the surface. She doesn’t appear to have any traits, but not all traits show on the surface. None of his children have been so cursed so far … he would hate to think this one had not escaped.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dark, you can't come soon enough for me; mandalocks - by Szeth - 11-20-2016, 11:10 PM