• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the stars incline, they do not compel; PHASE I
    lord, I fashion dark gods too;

They come. Of course they do.
    First is Lagertha, his own daughter, offspring of him and the old hag reborn. Still, Grimmy knew Gail, and it feels good to have the old blood coming.
    Then Myrina, a woman he does not know, but whom pledges I will, and he needs to know nothing else.
    Tyrna, then, a woman too strong for her own good.
    Another blood-tie, Kellyn. This one asks the name, but he does not say it. They’ll know, when he sends them, it will echo in their minds. Gail. Gail. Gail.
    Then Rhy, a woman electric. He thinks of his old silver pet, and bristles. He still remembers the sting of the lightning.
    Nymeria, bay and unremarkable, simply announcing her presence.
    Finally a male comes, Nihilus, young and filled with rain, who comes close, too close. He pays no mind. The boy will be gone soon enough.
    Another lightning creature, this one speckled. Kratos. The boy is foul-mouthed. Carnage thinks briefly of killing him. But he thinks of the things that are coming, and knows there are worse fates than death.
    Then a child, Wrynn. He wonders how long she will last. He does not think it will be long. She is too soft by half.
    Another man, Dominion, who acts like he has a choice. Who acts like this is an option.
    Ramiel, then, a boy who placidly agrees. He’s half grown and Carnage wonders if he’ll live to grow again.
    Then Trekk, the unfinished one. He obeys simply, quickly. They are all so quick. They don’t know the langoliers.
    Joscelin, then, the final acolyte, bright and merry, ready to find whatever he asks.
    13 of them. An unlucky number, really. He wonders if it’s an omen.

This is the beginning.
    He does not dabble much in time travel. Too many variables, too many realities, and always with the promise of a paradox waiting in the wings. The art itself is an imperfect science, these wormholes.
    He will get them there, the souls who have volunteered, but it is not a straight route. He cannot do as he did with Gail that day on the beach, when she asked if he was going to kill her.
    You can never go home, as the saying goes.
    But there are alternate routes, detours he can send them, back alleyways to the end of the world. Sure, it’s more dangerous, but it’s not his life, it’s theirs. And the ones who came to him, they are fools – so thirsty for power or adventure that they agree to what is clearly a suicide mission, a god’s ego trip.

The first place he sends them is space.
    Here are the wormholes, the promises of worlds in black gaping mouths. He’s given them the basic protection, an ability to breathe, to not freeze and shatter into a thousand pieces. The ability to move.
    He is not exact, even dark gods have their limits. They have to find the wormhole on their own. Space is a strange place, the rules are changed.
    Look for the warmth, he says in their minds, then, and hurry. I won’t hold you here long.
    It is their first test.

RULES:
    You are in space! Assume basic protections – you can move, you won’t freeze, etc. Traits may be used if you have them, but remember you're in space and act accordingly.
    Describe how you get to the wormhole (since it’s to land, that explains the ‘warmth’. You can work together (assume low grade telepathy as well I guess), make friendly aliens appear, whatever. Be creative. The first 3 to respond get a bonus to help them in the next round.
    You have 24 hours  (board time) to respond. Failure to respond within the time limit will result in automatic elimination and a defect. The last 2 to respond will be eliminated.
    If you have any questions, feel free to email me at acmrshll@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
    the stars incline, they do not compel; PHASE I - by Carnage - 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM